We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car ferry Moskenes-Værøy island?

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Kalix, Sweden
Level Contributor
683 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Car ferry Moskenes-Værøy island?

I have a few questions about the car ferry between Moskenes-Værøy island (and back) & hope someone can assist.

1. We will have a mobile home/camper and our dog with us for this Lofoten trip. Are dogs allowed on the ferry and if yes, where will the dog be during the ferry ride - is he allowed together with us on deck inside/outside or does he need to sit in the car?

2. Do we need to pre-book ferry tickets in advance for us+dog+camper or do we just show up in Moskenes at the date of travel and buy/pay for our tickets immidiately?

Hoping for some advice!

Annika & Peter

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car ferry Moskenes-Værøy island?

1. Dogs may not be allowed in the passengers' lounge, but you can walk him/her on the decks.

2. You can buy your ticket when boarding the ferry. Advance booking/reservation is possible for an extra fee, but should not be necessary between Moskenes and Værøy.

Kalix, Sweden
Level Contributor
683 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car ferry Moskenes-Værøy island?

Thank you so much, it is much appreciated! :-)

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
26,342 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car ferry Moskenes-Værøy island?

During the last month we have had 3 different ferries and so I have noticed that the situation varies from one ferry to another. One of the ferries had a seating area where you could bring the dog. On some ferries you do not have access to the car deck or your car during crossing. I suggest you contact the ferry company to clairfy the situation.

http://www.torghatten-nord.no/

Edited: 8:19 am, June 21, 2013
Kalix, Sweden
Level Contributor
683 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car ferry Moskenes-Værøy island?

Thank you for your advice, I have sent them an e-mail for clarifying!

Nelson, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Car ferry Moskenes-Værøy island?

Hello , Can you tell me if there is a ferry for Trucks / Freight on to Vaeroy island please ?

Thanks

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
26,342 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car ferry Moskenes-Værøy island?

The car ferries take all sorts of vehicles.

Tampere, Finland
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Car ferry Moskenes-Værøy island?

Hei!

Do you know how many cars will fit in the ferry? I'm driving from Finland to Vaeroy on july, so is it really possible to get from Moskenes to Vaeroy? Just wondered, cause somehow i understood that only from Bodo gets to Vaeroy... And i really hope that i have got it wrong.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
12,401 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car ferry Moskenes-Værøy island?

Booking and timetable here: www.torghatten-nord.no/english/default.aspx

It stops at Værøy both directions most days of the week.

Tampere, Finland
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Car ferry Moskenes-Værøy island?

Thank you very much, this helped me alot! :)

10. Re: Car ferry Moskenes-Værøy island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 27, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Lofoten Islands