We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Skaftafell

Utrecht, The...
7 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Skaftafell

Does anyone know about the current status of Hotel Skaftafell?

I tried to book with Fosshotel and they replied that they're not running this hotel anymore as of March this year. The new Hotel Skaftafell website has been under construction for months now. Has anyone booked with this hotel for coming season?

For now, I've booked an extra night in Höfn, but I'd much rather stay in Skaftafell the night before exploring the National Park...

Icelander in...
Destination Expert
for Iceland
Level Contributor
10,731 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Skaftafell

Hotel is there still, and will be operated by the owners themself this summer.

Why don´t you do as the website says, and contact for more info: info@hotelskaftafell.is

Utrecht, The...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Skaftafell

I was going to, but I thought I'd first check here for some independent information. I just feel a little uncomfortable booking with a hotel that's recently changed owners and still has no information whatsoever on their website when the season is about to start..... Mind, we will spend the rest of our trip in Iceland staying in hostels and mountain huts. So when for once we decide to go to a proper hotel, I just sort of assume that they will be somewhat better organised. Perhaps that was a wrong assumption ;-)

But if you're confident they will be operating this summer, I'll definitely send them an email. Good chance I'm too late by now, though.... Thanks anyway.

Utrecht, The...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Skaftafell

I was going to, but I thought I'd first check here for some independent information. I just feel a little uncomfortable booking with a hotel that's recently changed owners and still has no information whatsoever on their website when the season is about to start..... Mind, we will spend the rest of our trip in Iceland staying in hostels and mountain huts. So when for once we decide to go to a proper hotel, I just sort of assume that they will be somewhat better organised. Perhaps that was a wrong assumption ;-)

But if you're confident they will be operating this summer, I'll definitely send them an email. Good chance I'm too late by now, though.... Thanks anyway.

Reykjavik, Iceland
Level Contributor
8,205 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Skaftafell

Yvonne, you're quite right. If they don't know where they have their head, they won't know where they have their guests. You'd better book in a different hotel. I think it would be wisest.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
201 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Skaftafell

I just booked this hotel for March 2015 through Booking.com. I see that their website is still under construction. Should I be concerned? It looks like people have been reviewing the hotel pretty consistently.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Skaftafell

Here is another option. We found this place that is about 15 minutes from the entrance to Skatafell NP.

http://nonhamar.is/index.html

Good luck!

7. Re: Hotel Skaftafell

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, December 14, 2015