We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little Corn in October-worth it?

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Little Corn in October-worth it?

My boyfriend plans to visit me while I am volunteering in Nicaragua (Granada) between October 4-12. The dates are not flexible. We are considering flying out to the Corn Islands for a few days during this time. I understand it will be the rainy season but I've read mixed reports on what to expect. Some say that it would only rain for a few hours in the afternoon, not all day. I've also read that I could expect days of rain nearly all day. I also noticed that Little Corn B&B closes down at this time of the year. Will other business (restaurants, tourist activities) be closed in October as well? What is the likelihood of having trouble getting a panga from Big Corn to Little Corn due to rough seas at this time of the year? We really want to visit but we'd be so disappointed to find everything shut down and then be confined to our room all day due to rain....Thank you to anyone who can help!!

Little Corn Island...
Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Little Corn in October-worth it?

Hi d_lei,

It is indeed rainy season, but Nicaragua is also in the middle of the worst drought we've seen in 30 years, which has resulted in much less rainy/cloudy days in the last couple of years during the "season". Of course that doesn't guarantee anything, but as most people state, even in the middle of October, it typically showers or downpours for an hour or so each day, usually late at night or around dawn. Other times it can be sunny and gorgeous.

On your other questions. October is the slowest month for tourism here, as well as most of the rest of the Caribbean. For that reason some of the businesses do shut down for vacation or maintenance. Here is what is known as of now:

LCB&B will in fact be closed during October, as will Tranquilo Cafe and Desideri Cafe. Casa Iguana is open then, but their restaurant is on limited hours.

Most other businesses will be open, and the panga services will be on their regular schedule. Rain doesn't always equate with rough seas, which can happen any time of year, but it's pretty rare that the service actually has to shut down, in spite of what can be a bumpy and wet ride.

I hope this helps!

Granada Nicaragua
Level Contributor
960 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Little Corn in October-worth it?

I always hesitate to give alternate destinations as the poster has a reason for their choice. but given the response from LCI businessman, might I suggest Coco beach…really nice and a big long private beach you will have almost all to yourselves but with enough activity for security. Nice places to stay. No nightlife but you could shoot in to SJDS a night and get all you want and more. Easy to get to.

3. Re: Little Corn in October-worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 28, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Little Corn Island