We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air conditioned rooms on Little Corn island?

Crystal River...
Level Contributor
23 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Air conditioned rooms on Little Corn island?

We are planning a trip to Nicaragua in December 2010 and were considering staying on Little Corn for some diving, Our question is:

Are there other air conditioned room options other than the Hotel Delfines? We are just looking at some options because we will have previously been staying at an ecolodge in Ometepe in typical conditions for such establishments and thought we might like A/C after five nights without. Thanks for any information you may have!

Colorado
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air conditioned rooms on Little Corn island?

The only other option with a/c at this time is Sunshine Hotel, backpacker type accomodations and right next to the village generator.

Another option is staying on the "breezy" side of the island. Unless it is an unusually calm day, nature does the a/c for you on that side.

Our place, Little Corn Beach and Bungalow (you can check us out on TA) has windows that you can leave open at night, fans, and french doors that open onto a veranda of your casita that sits right on the beach. There are plenty of Palm and Grape trees as well. There are a few other options on this side as well.

Crystal River...
Level Contributor
23 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air conditioned rooms on Little Corn island?

Thanks for the information. I was wondering if Sunshine Hotel was still open since the information on their website is a bit old and their links don't work. I have seen the reviews for your establishment on TA and definitely consider you our #1 non A/C consideration :-)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
819 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air conditioned rooms on Little Corn island?

We found as well that with a steady breeze, present most of the time, A/C was not ever needed on Little Corn, nor did we turn it on at Corn island.

I'm not sure there is any A/C room available on little Corn, and if it was, the noise from the unit would be too much in any event. Hydro is sporadic or totally absent most places, and if there was any, it was well used for important things, like cooling beer! -:)

However, I should add that my idea of warm is water at 28 C and air at 30 C.

4. Re: Air conditioned rooms on Little Corn island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 25, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Little Corn Island