We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little Corn Island Beaches

london
2 posts
Save Topic
Little Corn Island Beaches

We are heading out to little corn island in 3 weeks with my wife, and were wondering what part of the island has the nicest beaches? We were looking to reserve some accomodation, either at Casa Iguana or Derek's as both look great, but will make the decision based on which has the nicest beaches. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
943 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Little Corn Island Beaches

at Derek's place were waves non-stop all our weak stay there(north side is windy). we didn't swim in front of his property. we went to swim at Peace and Love beach and father left from them also. Caribbean was calm there, but not at Derek's place.

london
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Little Corn Island Beaches

Thanks for the info Marinka... is the beach at Peace and love far?... and is the beach by Peace and Love nice? How does it compare with the one at Casa Iguana?

Thanks again!

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
943 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Little Corn Island Beaches

I have not been at Casa Iguana's beach. I saw that hotel from a distance. At list nothin bad happens there. At Derek's place be careful if you go there: they have no locks on the doors and unexpected visitors can come any time. I read on this forum about someone with a machete showed up in a middle of night at Derek's place and took money from visitors; and some clothing were stolen from me while staying there.

Peace and Love is only 5 min from Derek's place and beach is very nice there. If you give me your email address, I send you some pick of the beaches. oh, there, next door to Peace and Love also is Ensueno hotel. They also have very nice beach.

Managua
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Little Corn Island Beaches

I'd say Picnic Beach was my favorite!

Casa Iguana is where I stayed, great views from the hotel!

…typepad.com/corn_islands_nicaragua/homepage/

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
819 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Little Corn Island Beaches

the beach out front of Peace and Love -- five minutes from Derek's on foot, is awesome.

6. Re: Little Corn Island Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 09, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Little Corn Island