We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loved the Corn Islands...Where to go next?

Kawartha Lakes...
Level Contributor
65 posts
316 reviews
Save Topic
Loved the Corn Islands...Where to go next?

Hubby & I loved our trip to the Corn Islands in 2010 and now are thinking of doing a similar style vacation. Low key and relaxiing. Any suggestions for some place you think we would like?

Swindon, UK
Level Contributor
241 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loved the Corn Islands...Where to go next?

Last year we went to Tobacco Caye off the coast of Belize, which is a tiny island where you can snorkel and dive right off the beach, walk all the way round in 10 minutes, great fishing, watch eagle rays flapping by off the dock and just relax in one of the many hammocks strung between the palm trees.

Kawartha Lakes...
Level Contributor
65 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Loved the Corn Islands...Where to go next?

Thanks, we'll check that out.

Harlingen, TX
Level Contributor
731 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Loved the Corn Islands...Where to go next?

@LastMango: I really enjoyed the island of Roatan, off the coast of Honduras. The great thing is that United/Continental flies direct to the island from Houston. I stayed in the West Bay area at West Bay Lodge and had an enjoyable time. I visited the Corn Islands a year after visiting Roatan and was actually a little disappointed, so if you loved the Corn Islands you will probably go crazy for Roatan. For future trips, I'm also considering San Andres Island and one of the cayes of Belize (Ambergris?). Safe travels!

Kawartha Lakes...
Level Contributor
65 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Loved the Corn Islands...Where to go next?

I've been to San Andres and it's a nice island. I did however stay at an all-inclusive when I was there. It was at least 11 or 12 years ago.

Been to Belize on a cruise and, yes, that would be a nice spot. But isn't it more touristy?

I've heard great things about Roatan as well but only from the all-inclusive side of things.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Ontario
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Loved the Corn Islands...Where to go next?

corn islands were fun.....still a little too populated for me! go to San Blas in Panama. It's like having 300 little corn islands with nothing built on them spread over a few hundred mile coast. the most gorgeous place i have ever been on earth.

Deltona, Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Loved the Corn Islands...Where to go next?

Exuma in the Bahamas, its beautiful and quiet.

7. Re: Loved the Corn Islands...Where to go next?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:46 pm, May 10, 2012
La Habra, California
Level Contributor
260 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Loved the Corn Islands...Where to go next?

Please check out Roatan, Honduras!!!! It is simply AWESOME!!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
732 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Loved the Corn Islands...Where to go next?

I second and third Roatan! I just posted on the Roatan thread asking where we should go if we like Roatan, and they said Little Corn Island!

Roatan is amazing! Love it, but try not to visit the same place more than once.

If you go to Roatan, stay in West End, not West Bay. West Bay is where the nice beach is and the AIs. West End has the "chill" feel to it. Lots of great food and bars. Big enough to not get bored, but small enough to walk from one end of West End to the other in 15 minutes.

Chester County, Pa.
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Loved the Corn Islands...Where to go next?

Vieques, Puerto Rico's Spanish Virgin Island.

Get answers to your questions about Big Corn Island