We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Corn with little kids?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
152 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Big Corn with little kids?

Hello, we're off to San Juan del Sur in November and were thinking of tacking on Big Corn for a few days. Kids are aged one and three.

- Malaria: An issue or not?

- Assuming Arenas Beach is probably the best option?

- Would you go for the 2pm connection from Tocumen if you were to arrive at noon?

Thanks much,

Miles

Managua
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Big Corn with little kids?

I assume you're not going to Little Corn because the boat ride is too much for the kids!?

If so, then I'd say Arenas is your best bet.

Theoretically you can get malaria in that region, however you'd be very, very, very unlucky if you did.

Sand flies are a bigger issue!

2. Re: Big Corn with little kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:00 pm, March 21, 2011
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Big Corn with little kids?

Spent 2 weeks in Big/Little Corn in 2008.

I did not care for the Arenas beach area at all. Stayed there 1 night, and then headed to Casa Canada. Better than that, Little Corn truly provides the off-the-beaten path charm that we were searching for.

I now have 15-month-old twins. I would take them to Little Corn, before Big Corn, though the boat ride is going to be rough for the 1-year-old. Be sure to sit in far back. Be sure to bring everything you'll need for them - the stores are not well stocked on Little Corn, though they are all within walking distance of anywhere you're at.

4. Re: Big Corn with little kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 05, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Big Corn Island