We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corn Islands Flights Advice

cambridge, united...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Corn Islands Flights Advice

hi all,

Quick Q...

I'm going to be in Nicaragua for 3.5 weeks, I'm flying home from Managua at 7.45am on 7th Dec and I want to go to the Corn Islands for the last part of my trip.

I want to get the afternoon (15.40) flight back from Big Corn to Managua on the 6th Dec to minimise time in Managua and maximise time on the Corn Islands

.... but is this cutting it too fine? I've read that the weather can be bad in the afternoon and that the flight could be cancelled in which case I'd miss my connecting flight home the next morning.

What do you think? Will the weather be ok by Dec?

Thanks!

Ruth

Flin Flon, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Corn Islands Flights Advice

I am travelling to nicaragua in nine days and am staying for sixteen. i too had originally planned on visiting corn during the latter half of the trip. i decided against that plan.

we would have been flying to managua from bci on an afternoon too and flying home the next morning. just for peace of mind we will be visiting corn first and then flying back to managua continuing on with the rest of our trip. i just didnt want to risk missing our flight from managua back to canada. changing my intinerary for the last half of the trip will be a lot easier than trying to rebook our flight.

i think the odds are probably in your favor that you wouldnt miss your flight due to weather but there is still a chance. i have expressed the same concern on other boards and most people say not to risk it.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,465 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Corn Islands Flights Advice

I was on Corn Island during the first week of December and the weather was stunning. That said, the weather can be unpredictable and getting caught on Corn Island and missing your return flight would be a bummer

I'll be on Corn Island that same weekend - hoping for more great weather!

Harlingen, TX
Level Contributor
689 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Corn Islands Flights Advice

Ruth -

Keep in mind that December does not technically fall within the rainy season period of the year in Nicaragua. So, the weather in December should be tranquil.

I just did what you have proposed: My flight from Big Corn Island to Managua was at 1540 in the afternoon, with my flight from Managua to the USA at 0745 the next morning. I didn't have any problems. Just keep in mind that you need to arrive at the airport on Big Corn Island and check in by 1400 for your 1540 flight or your seat may be sold to someone else even if you already have a reservation!

4. Re: Corn Islands Flights Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 13, 2011