We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire

Which Weligama hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire

Hi guys - currently in Weligama. Does anyone know a reliable driver? Expect to hit Uda Walawe and then the hill country.

What should I expect to pay per day? Does this include the driver's accommodations and meals?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,118 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire

Hi there,

Rs 45/km but with minimum daily mileage, and for full roundtrip up to Weligama also if you leave him at e.g. airport. Translates to USD 50-60/day in average scenario. YOU must book accomodation (or let driver book acco) with free drivers quarter and food, all but cheap guesthouses and arrogant boutique hotels supply that; lunch is often complimentary for him in a tourist restaurant where you eat, but in the end his cost for it is in the driver salary.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire

Great info, Erik. Thank you.

I've been booking my accommodations via Agoda/websites on the go the day before or so to maximize flexibility. Is there an online way to see whether the hotels have driver accommodations, or do I need to call?

Thanks!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
52,118 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire

Hi again,

See

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293961-c148004/Sri-L…

Calling _plus_ asking the prospective driver is best, the hotel info in odd cases is about the 'pig barn where drivers refuse to stay' from the text.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

4. Re: Car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:59 am, May 18, 2014
5. Re: Car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, December 26, 2016