We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is The Cocoon REALLY like?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
What is The Cocoon REALLY like?

We are spending two nights including New Year's Eve at The Cocoon in Vang Vieng. I am reading very scary reviews and I am wondering if anyone can fill me in on what the place is really like?

Also, any suggestions for New Year's Eve for a 60 year old couple? Obviously we are not interested in a drunk bash! And we leave early New Years day for Luang Prabang so I think we need to be careful about hangovers on that road!

Laos
Level Contributor
502 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is The Cocoon REALLY like?

The Cocoon was recently taken over by new management which should have solved the problems. However I am hearing rumours that the new management have left due to threats from the former management.

I would really try to avoid a hangover with the road trip to Luang Prabang the next morning :)

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
668 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is The Cocoon REALLY like?

I have been in Vang Vieng and found that it is very touristy, full of backpackers. This area is more suitable for the adventure lovers.

Have a nice trip!

3. Re: What is The Cocoon REALLY like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, June 21, 2011