We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you think the hotel management read these reviews?

Which Bel Ombre hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Do you think the hotel management read these reviews?

Looks like another not so great review on here for the Awali! Always seems to come donw to the same points about the staff and their attitude! I am due to stay at the Awali next week and after months of being extremely excited I'm now going out there with mixed feelings! Just seems a real shame that the majority of the reviews keep saying the same thing about the staff when it appears that other to this its a fantastic location! From what I have gathered I just need to be mindful of the staffs attitude and arrive at the hotel with an open mind as to how the staff may be when we arrive. I have noticed that there also seems to be a fair positive reviews but have my doubts as to the legitimacy of these as have a feeling that once a bad review goes up the hotel may put up fictitious ones to keep a high average?? this is just my thoughts and is hopefully in no way true? I just wonder if the management read these reviews and do their best to adress the apparent attitude issues? I can take into appreciate that the hotel may be fully booked and that staff may be stretched however I don’t really see this as much of an excuse as if the hotel is fully booked(and appears to be regularly) then surely it would be good practice to get more staff in to help cover these periods of being at max capacity?

London
Level Contributor
531 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Do you think the hotel management read these reviews?

There seems to be a lot of people here primarily to play golf, so I'm sure you'll be able to pick up list if tips when you arrive

We went to the Golf Club for lunch yesterday (we're not golfers, good ones anyway!) and tge course looked very spectacular from there, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it

London
Level Contributor
531 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Do you think the hotel management read these reviews?

Re the weather we had obe full day of rain, luckily for you Simon, it was the day just before you arrived, blue skies since!

London
Level Contributor
531 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Do you think the hotel management read these reviews?

Have to say now, having been here ten days or so, that my first impressions were perhaps on the positive side!

We have had a good time, there are a number of personnel issues here though, as some of the reviews have attested to, not perhaps with the staff themselves, who are on the whole at the very worst are pleasant but with staff numbers and training

There simply does not seem to be the numbers to tend to people, as I would expect and they seem to have not been trained to ever offer an apology (unless its a cultural thing), which alone would normally overcome most problems for me!

When one issue, which was not a big deal, necessitates 5 separate visits to reception, where no apology is offered at anytime and no solution is forthcoming, until I demand to speak to a manager, you have to ask questions about staff training or at least the autonomy that they are given

All this said, the resort is beautiful, so much so Cosmopolitan are currently shooting a photo shoot here and perhaps at the ugliest, if hippest, part, the C beach club

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,597 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Do you think the hotel management read these reviews?

Oh dear Superbenj, so sorry to hear that.

No its not a cultural thing - sounds like a staff training issue as you said.

You only have to look at other resorts like Shandrani, where you've stayed, to see this.

Look forward to your review

Best Wishes

Bronia :-)

15. Re: Do you think the hotel management read these reviews?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bel Ombre