We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

heritage awali hotel mauritius

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
heritage awali hotel mauritius

My wife and I will be staying athe awali late Nov.Iwould appreciate the following advice.

a]should I take euros/sterling

b]where best to exchange for local currency u.k./mauritius/dubai

c]wwhen is best to book restaurants at the hotel,I have read that the hotel now reserves for guests before they arrive .

d]how early can I book tee-off times and is early morning best.

e]is walking with the lions dangerous.

f]Have booked ocan view deluxe any suggestion of the best room no.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,589 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: heritage awali hotel mauritius

Take sterling and change to Rupees in the arrivals hall at the airport. There are a number of counters all offering the same rate of exchange which is better than you've get in the UK without paying commission. Euros are not accepted in the shops and please don't use Euros to pay the locals ie taxi drivers, shop keepers and beach vendors.

London, United...
Level Contributor
726 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: heritage awali hotel mauritius

Hello,

a]should I take euros/sterling - Take Sterling and once you have arrived into Mauritius at the airport, collect your cases and outside there's lots of bureaus - change your money into rupees

b]where best to exchange for local currency u.k./mauritius/dubai - Mauritius

c]wwhen is best to book restaurants at the hotel,I have read that the hotel now reserves for guests before they arrive . All reservations are made and given to you at check-in, no need to reserve. Any extra reservations you want are on waitlist

d]how early can I book tee-off times and is early morning best. - Morning is always good, your first tee off can be booked by emailing gr@heritageawali.mu then the rest are done once at resort

e]is walking with the lions dangerous. I have done it and had no problems

f]Have booked ocan view deluxe any suggestion of the best room no. I like block 3 or 4 nice location overlooking the pool and sea.

Have a great time.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: heritage awali hotel mauritius

Hi our flight lands at 5.45am can you please tell me what time the bureaus open . Thank you

London, United...
Level Contributor
726 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: heritage awali hotel mauritius

They Are open all whenever flights land.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: heritage awali hotel mauritius

Don't worry when money is involved they open 25 hours a day at the airport which is the best place to exchange sterling.

Tip if you are looking for an interesting day excursion try the ' Walk with the lions 'fantastic.

6. Re: heritage awali hotel mauritius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bel Ombre