We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

movenpick

Which Bel Ombre hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
delhi
Level Contributor
33 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
movenpick

how far is grand baie from movenpick? how much would a taxi charge for a round trip ?

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
36,989 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: movenpick

Movenpick is south at Bel Ombre and Grand Baie north, so about as far apart as you can get.

I would estimate a driving time of at least one and a quarter to one and a half hour drive minimum.

Look at www.taxismauritius.com

Flic en Flac would be closer to Movenpick.

Regards

Bronia :)

delhi
Level Contributor
33 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: movenpick

thanks,

i am travelling with wife and 2 teenaged kids.we got a good review of movenpick beach. but with kids along,we thought we should be closer to a market etc so that we can can go out in the evenings etc.

pls suggest.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,989 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: movenpick

You could look at 3 hotels near to the small tourist town of Flic en Flac which has bars, restaurants shops and a nightclub.

They all do AI.

The Mauritius Hilton is a good family orientated hotel and the Sugar Beach and its sister hotel La Pirogue may be suitable. Note you can use facilities at both these hotels.

www.mauritius.hilton.com

www.lapirogue.com

www.sugarbeachresort.com

If you want to be close to Grand Baie look at Maritim and any of the Beachcomber Hotels, La Victoria, Le Cannonier and Le Mauricia.

Le Mauricia is only a few minutes walk to Grand Baie.

www.beachcomber-hotels.com

www.maritim.com

Regards

delhi
Level Contributor
33 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: movenpick

thanks,i will look into sugar beach. any reviews about gold beach resort at flic en flac?

Mohali, India
Level Contributor
38 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: movenpick

Hi,

Are you coming from Delhi. Which travel agent you had choosen for Movenpick resort.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,989 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: movenpick

Yes there are 32 reviews. Type Gold Beach Mauritius into the search box on the Home Page. Its at top of the page on the left hand side.

india
Level Contributor
20 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: movenpick

if u're travelling with kids,don't saty at moven pick at all.i was on the verge of booking it & then i cancelled.are u booking thru "make my trip".we had given the hotel call & travelling to nearest market plce was only 80 euro ( to & fro).we have booked in pointe aux biches

india
Level Contributor
20 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: movenpick

if u're travelling with kids,don't saty at moven pick at all.i was on the verge of booking it & then i cancelled.are u booking thru "make my trip".we had given the hotel call & travelling to nearest market plce was only 80 euro ( to & fro).we have booked in pointe aux biches

9. Re: movenpick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 07, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Bel Ombre