We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Extra's at the Heritage Golf & Spa

Northampton
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wedding Extra's at the Heritage Golf & Spa

We are getting married at the Heritage in November and have been in contact with the hotel directly to get an idea of prices for additionals. I have just had to pick myself off the floor after looking at the prices they emailed to us. We are prm AI and was wondering if anyone else had got married over there who were also AI and what sort of prices they were getting charged as they could make the prices up as they go along

Thanks in advance,

Ben & Holly

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding Extra's at the Heritage Golf & Spa

Hi, my sister got married there and basically anything which is out of the package, they charge a fortune for, for example I was charged £15 for 1 hour internet usage !

Cambridge
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding Extra's at the Heritage Golf & Spa

Hi Ben & Holly,

Congratulations to you both. We are getting married on 16th September at the Heritage. Would you be able to forward the prices they sent you, we are looking to get photo's ect. and may look elsewhere if the extras seem a rip off. Sure you could arrange for a local photographer to do it much cheaper. Will give you an evaluation of the extras when we return.

James & Christina

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding Extra's at the Heritage Golf & Spa

We are also getting married in November at the Heritage. Again we asked for a price list regarding weddings. The prices were astronmical, frankly I was shocked at the amounts they wanted for simple things such as an arch £375 Sega dancers £625 for 45 minutes, torches £4 each!! champagne £100-£400, chair covers £18 each etc... Is this the same amounts you were advised?

We are confused as another couple we contacted gave us some different prices and advice. Below:

You'll probably have photos already included in your wedding package already, we had 36 photos included but paid an extra 4000 Rupees for a set of digital photos on top from the same photographer. For this we got a disk with 195 digital photos which were good quality. Money well spent I think.

If you want the beach hut for your meal there are other extras you can have, seat covers £10 a chair, waste of money in our book so we never took these, torches leading to beach hut. These were 75 Rupees each, we chose to have 8 which was plenty but we did see one couple have about 70 leading all the way from the bar to the beach which was mighty impressive, if a little excessive. Also remember to ask about music in the beach hut, they will supply a mini system with a AUX jack to plug in your ipod at no extra charge.

As you'll have read in our review we paid to have the Sega dancers on the beach. They set up a bonfire and are there for 45 minutes, 5 in the band and 5 dancers, they get you up with them and they were excellent. They cost about £200 but we're so glad we paid for them as it's not as though you would be able to have them back home.

We are having ours on the 10th Nov.

Paul & Suze

Cambridge
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding Extra's at the Heritage Golf & Spa

HI, We booked with Trailfinders and just got our price list through...... It all sounds like a massive rip off to me.

Flowers for hair 800rs

Bridal bouquet/orchids 1750rs/3000rs

Buttonhole 450rs

Sega group 7500rs

Video of ceremony 15000rs

36 Photos 9000rs

Horse driven carrage 30000rs (TO WHERE???)

We are gonna go and try to find stuff locally and use the prices above as a last resort. Will post the results and contacts if they are any good when we return. If anyone knows any local florists or photographers etc. let us know.

James and Christina

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding Extra's at the Heritage Golf & Spa

Hi we're the couple who got married in April that gave the info to jaygo. What you will pay will be very dependent on the wedding package that comes with your tour operator booking. In our's we had a bridal bouquet, buttonhole for groom, 36 photos and cake as well as all the costs for the paperwork, registrar etc. When we met with our wedding co-ordinator it turns out that this is the basic package and you could choose to spend as much or as little as you want on top of this. If you have a package similar to ours then you could choose to eat in the fine dining restaurant if you're AI and not pay a penny more, however, we wanted to have our meal in the beach hut and having seen the sega dancers we definately wanted them as they would make an already unique day even more so. We chose the following extras: Sega Dancers (evening only for 45 minutes) absolutely brilliant and worth the 7500 rupees (approx £225), be prepared to join in! You can opt to have them during the day as well as at night but this cost about £600. Digital photos were an extra 4000 Rupees but given that we got 195 photos on CD for this we definately thought it worthwhile. We chose to eat in the beachhut for our meal which will seat up to 8 and you will be shown special menus which were astronomical (£70 per person) given that you're already AI so we argued this point and they gave us a set menu where you could choose from two starters, two mains and two sweets before the day at no extra cost. We also chose to have four torches which were 70 rupees each and were nice but I don't think you need anyore. We did see one wedding where they must've had about 50 torches, very impressive but a bit costly. Also if you take an ipod ask them to set up the hifi in the hut as you can choose to play your own music, no charge for this. One other thing is to consider what flowers you want, we were able to balance costs against our existing package so that if you already have tropical flowers in your package but want orchids then make sure they offset one from the other also make sure you look at the flowers that are in bloom in the hotel grounds because if you can incorporate these into your flowers they're free!! The horse drawn carriage is a rip off, we never took it, basically after the ceremony and photos through the hotel they take you up to the chateau for the rest of your photos, it's 2 minutes in the minibus but a real must as some of our best photos are from here, if you want to go horsedrawn then prepare to pay! Lastly, I see someone thought they would try and source stuff locally. I wouldn't bother the hotels are miles from anywhere and the hearest village (10-15 minutes in a taxi) isn't exactly 1st world. The south of the island is remote from the main towns and larger villages but it is the most beautiful. If anyone has any specific questions they want to ask just get in touch.

Cambridge
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding Extra's at the Heritage Golf & Spa

Still sounds like a rip off to me, we are not AI and have booked a hire car from a local car hire firm. So will have no problem getting out and about. If your still interested in using local florists and photographers etc. (think we have sorted both) let us know. Personally we would much rather pay a local business than line hotel chains pocket.

mauritius
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding Extra's at the Heritage Golf & Spa

I am disgusted at the write up the hotel is charging. Have lived here for many years and know how much things cost. Suggest if you have time to hire car or taxi and organise things yourself. Curepipe (40 mins in car) have several florists and most prob the one hotel are using.Also photographers shops etc.A day well spent if you can.Ask about corkage for providing your own champagne as can easily be found in supermarkets.Think the prices charged are out of hand now and simply would not pay.

Cambridge
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding Extra's at the Heritage Golf & Spa

Totally agree,

Just got a quote back from a local photographer, initial quote the same as the hotel price for 3 x the number of photos plus all in digital format on disc, and thats before any bargaining! You can get the address of loads florists etc. from http://www.teleservices.mu We have already booked a car and are gonna source it all locally. Does anyone really want to line some hotel chain boardrooms pockets rather than the local business'

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding Extra's at the Heritage Golf & Spa

Each to their own.

We chose to head off to Mauritius to get married as we wanted it to be a relaxed day rather than suffer the expense and stress of getting married at home. The last thing we wanted to have to do was spend the time and effort of having to arrange all the things on our wedding/honeymoon that we were deliberately avoiding by marrying overseas.

Good luck to you in your quest of sorting flowers and photos etc, it just wasn't for us.

If you're not going all inclusive to the Heritage then I suggest you make sure you've got your duty free allowance with you and make use of that hire car by making a trip to the supermarket. You will be horrified with the price of drinks on the half board package and if saving money is your thing then you'll probably see the inside of your hotel room more than you might expect. Beer is £5, Vodka/gin & Mixer £6, Wine £8 a glass, Champagne £10 a glass etc etc. I suspect that the prices are pitched so highly because they're offsetting the cost of those on AI.

One suggestion is find someone who's AI and befriend them, you don't have to wear wrist straps to signify that you are AI and when you've finished drinking you just ask for the bill and one person in the group signs it to their room.

Good luck

Mike & Lyndsay

oksimple
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding Extra's at the Heritage Golf & Spa

I was reading with interest the wedding extras for the Heritage. I assume that you all were given the option of getting married at Le Chateau. What was the cost of this option and what was included in it?

Can anyone comment also on the possible locations for getting married within the hotel grounds?