We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamassa

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tamassa

Hi,

Just returned from a truley fantastic holiday at the Tamassa, where we also got married.

I could not fault the hotel.

If anyone has any questions, just give me a shout.

Regards

Phil

Sweden
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tamassa

First of all; Congratulations to the wedding!

Me and my boyfriend is thinking of going to Mauritius and have some questions about Tamassa.

What´s the beach like? I read somewhere that it wasn't really a beach, more like rocks. How far away is the closest white sandy beach?

I've also read that that snorkling is fantastic just a couple of meters out in the sea, is that true?

What's the area like? Are there other hotels? Restaurants? Shops?

We're very thankful for all information we can get!

Regards

Annica

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tamassa

Hi Annica,

The Tamassa is a really really fantastic hotel.

To answer your question, the beach in front of the beach bar is quite narrow, but as you walk along the beach it does widen out a little. They don't put sunbeds on the beach, but they do have a kind of mock beach where they do have loads of sunbeds. All the beach's are public so if you really want to lie on the beach you can walk along the coast to the heritage or the tel fair, whether you can use thier sun lounger's i don't know.

For snorkling its fantastic, because the reef is so close it's like jumping into a tropical fish tank.

The area around the hotel is quite quiet, you obviously have the other hotels.

In Bel Ombre itself you'll find 3 little shops selling essentials like rum and chilli puree etc, but you'll also find a small bistro, which i can really recommend. You can either walk which will take 15-20mins or 100 rupee's with a taxi.

For a shopping experience you really have to go to Curepipe, if you take a taxi it will cost about 1400 rupees return for 3 hours. He will insist on taking you Floreal for all the duty free shopping but you will get the hard sell from every shop. Where as Curepipe is a care free experience, so good we went back twice.

Anyway i hope i've been some help any further questions just get in touch.

Regards

Phil

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tamassa

hi phil, we are considering a AI deal we have been offered at the tamassa, but the reveiws seem pretty mixed. we will be going in september so hopefully all the issues will have been sorted? any info you think will help, cheers

billy

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tamassa

been offered an AI deal at the tamassa in september, hopefully all the issues will be sorted, though the early negative reports are putting us off. any ifo you think might help ?

cheers.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tamassa

Hi benthiback,

The Tamassa is a truley wonderfull hotel. AI is defo the option to go for. With hotel being brand new the hotel rooms are modern and well furnished.

The hotel staff would do anything for you. Yes the gardens need time to grow but this is such a minor issue.

We stayed in 2 hotels in Mauritius, and between the Tamassa and Legends the only one we would go back to was the Tamassa.

Just book it and you'll have a wonderfull time.

Regards

Phil

juniper188m
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Tamassa

Hi, really looking forward to staying at the tamassa after your reviews. Did you take any of the trips like the sailing or the dolpins ? if so where thay worth taking ?

Regards jenny

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tamassa

Hi, The Tamassa is a wonderful hotel. May be i'm biased as its where i got married. But the hotel and facilities are top notch wonderfull swimming pools, fantastic staff etc.

When we were there we did organise the the dolphin cruise and to be honest was one of the best days of the holiday. We also took a taxi up to Curepipe, don't get sucked into doing the outlet factories they are a tourist trap and to be honest more expensive than goods at home. Curepipe on the other hand is a fantastic town. Loads of shopping in the malls, fantastic road side food and just a general nice place.

If i can be any further help just drop me an email.

Regards

Phil

Leeds
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tamassa

Hi Phil,

My boyfriend and I are going to Mauritius at Easter amd we were gonna stay in Le Tropical which looked amazing (mot far from a little village and from l'Ile aux Cerfs) but unfortunately, our travel agent rang us yesterday to tell us that the hotel was full. She offered us an upgrade for the Tamassa but I am obviously disappointed because it looks more like a hotel than a little hideway.

Could you please tell me what there is to do there because I have read some reviews where people mentioned the lack of things to see / do around the hotel. I don't mind walking but we just don't want to spend a fortune on car rental, etc ... Is there anything worth seeing / doing in a walking distance ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Cecile

9. Re: Tamassa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, October 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bel Ombre