We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with hotel decision

Which Springdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Help with hotel decision

Can I get a few opinions on choosing between 2 hotels in Springdale? We are a family of 4, with 2 kids (12 &14). We are visiting in June for two nights

La Quinta Inn & Suites Zion Park – with breakfast $179

Desert Pearl –$206

Quality Inn $179

So is it worth it to spend the extra $$per/night to go with desert pearl ? I know every one rave about this hotel!

Thanks for your help, it is very much appreciated!!

South Jersey, USA
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,385 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with hotel decision

The only one I haven't stayed at is La Quinta! Out of the other two...Desert Pearl Inn hands down! Yes a bit more expensive but the location and property are great! Beautiful pool as well!!

Quality Inn is at the other end of town...still not that far but not within walking distance to the entrance of the park! Nice property and the workers were friendly!

LOL...still your decision:-)

SJG

Jacksonville
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with hotel decision

Desert Perl inn King Poolside or La Quinta?

South Jersey, USA
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,385 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with hotel decision

I definitely would go with Desert Pearl Inn Pool side!

Our room was also pool side but we had two Queen size beds and a pull out sofa sleeper...it was in the "300" area! Very big room with a sliding glass door that opened out to that poolside with a small little patio with two chairs.

I don't know if your kids would share a bed but maybe this would work out better for you? There was also a small "convenient" kitchen with fridge, microwave and coffee maker.

SJG

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
564 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with hotel decision

Have stayed at Desert Pearl. Very nice rooms and pool. You also have a patio or balcony which we like. No continental breakfast.

La quinta you probably have continental. They do have suites with bunk beds at La Quinta.

Both get good reviews. We have Hampton Inn booked for October. Was tough decision between Desert Pearl, Hampton and La Quinta. Went for cheapest price.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
564 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with hotel decision

Have stayed at Desert Pearl. Very nice rooms and pool. You also have a patio or balcony which we like. No continental breakfast.

La quinta you probably have continental.

Both get good reviews. We have Hampton Inn booked for October. Was tough decision between Desert Pearl, Hampton and La Quinta. Went for cheapest price.

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,121 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with hotel decision

Everyone will recommend the Desert Pearl. It is an exceptional property. The poolside building is pretty near to Zion Park Blvd, so you will have to deal with a little more traffic noise than say the Desert Pearl riverside rooms or the rooms at la Quinta. This shouldn't be a deal breaker though, as most accomodations in Springdale are located along the blvd

I have not stayed at either la Quinta or the Quality Inn. La Quinta looks pretty sharp looking from the outside, and I would try them out personally.

There are two Quality Inns. The one that SJG is describing is the Suites Montclair, and it is located further south in town. The regular and older Quality Inn is actually located closer to the park than Desert Pearl and La Quinta. I do not believe that either of the Quality Inns receive good reviews, and I have no real desire to try them out, IMO

Do also note that location in Springdale should not be a huge concern, as the town is pretty condensed, and there is a town shuttle that runs a good portion of the day and into the late evening.

Edited: 1:12 pm, March 27, 2014
Jacksonville
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with hotel decision

Thank you all so much for your feed back.

I am considering La Quinta ( with kids probably better to have breakfast) .

Thanks for all the great information!

TN
Level Contributor
498 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with hotel decision

I have stayed at both. I think La Quinta is the better value for a family with children The pool is great for kids. Breakfast is good: waffles, fresh breakfast biscuits with egg/meat, etc. You can't really go wrong with either property. Enjoy your stay!

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,121 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with hotel decision

Thanks Elsie

Good choice when you do consider the value of free breakfast, as there is a lack of morning type of eating establishments, cafes, etc in Springdale in my opinion.

Desert Pearl rooms do have the kitchenette if some of your decision is based on meals. The kitchenette doesn't have a stove, but has a toaster oven. Tableware and basic cookware/utensils are provided.

Edited: 1:41 pm, March 27, 2014
TN
Level Contributor
498 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with hotel decision

Great point on the kitchenette!

Edited: 1:47 pm, March 27, 2014