We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zion Lodge to Springdale Restaurants: How Far?

Which Springdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
321 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Zion Lodge to Springdale Restaurants: How Far?

We'll be staying 3 nites at the Lodge in mid-Oct. Plan to eat first night at the Lodge Dining Room. After that, is it worth driving into Springdale for the remaining meals? How far is it, and should we take our car or the shuttle?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,391 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zion Lodge to Springdale Restaurants: How Far?

This is the reason why at Zion I always stay in Springdale. The distance is several miles. Not too far, but the commute, parking etc will take 15-30 minutes depending on traffic from the RT9 intersection to the park gate and on into Springdale.

There are many great places to eat in Springdale so you'll not be short of styles or options.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,223 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zion Lodge to Springdale Restaurants: How Far?

Yes its worth driving into town to eat. There are several restaurants that are very good.

You can take your car or the shuttle. You just need to transfer from the in -park shuttle to the in -town shuttle when you get to the visitor center.Not a big deal.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,484 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zion Lodge to Springdale Restaurants: How Far?

Some amazing restaurants in Springdale - well worth the drive in.

Have fun.

Boston
Level Contributor
137 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zion Lodge to Springdale Restaurants: How Far?

Can you list your favorites of restaurants in Springdale?

Many thanks.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
220 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zion Lodge to Springdale Restaurants: How Far?

Do these restaurants require reservations? We will be shuttling in from the campsite. We will be there mid September.

Edited: 7:26 am, August 14, 2012
Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,171 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zion Lodge to Springdale Restaurants: How Far?

This is a list of dining options in the Springdale area -> http://www.zionpark.com/DiningList.html

Favorites of mine have been Oscars and Wildcat.I haven't had an opportunity to try Switchback yet, but I would if possible

Some places accept reservations, such as Paralell 88 and Switchback grill. The general rule of thumb is the same in Springdale as anywhere else, the more $$$, the more likely you will want reservations due to popularity and demand. Hopefully others will comment if some of these restaurants require a reservation.

Edited: 10:11 am, August 14, 2012
Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,223 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zion Lodge to Springdale Restaurants: How Far?

I like Oscars and Whiptale Grille.Whiptale is in the old gas station, but don't let that put you off, as its very good. Not many tables.

I've never made a reservation at a restaurant there.If you want to do something like Experience the Watchman at Parallel 88 then for sure make a reservation.Its like a private dinner.

Edited: 11:18 am, August 14, 2012
8. Re: Zion Lodge to Springdale Restaurants: How Far?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, August 21, 2013