We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeep Tour

Which Springdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Mitchell...
Level Contributor
20 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Jeep Tour

Anyone taken the Jeep tour that Zion Rock and Moutain Guides offer? Any advice? Thanks!

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
16,967 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeep Tour

I have never been on any tour,but know of three companies that do tours.Zion Rock and Mountain Guides,Zion Jeep Tours and the Unimog tours by Zion Adventure Co.

Typically the jeep tours are outside the park boundaries on BLM land.Depending on which company and tour you choose,they may go out the east entrance towards Mt.Carmel junction to some dirt trails out there,or south out of Springdale to Grafton Ghost town and up the dirt road toward Gooseberry Mesa,or up the Kolob Terrace Road from Virgin to do the Smith Mesa loop.

I have done several of the roads in my own truck,and the scenery is very spectacular,especially the sunsets from the tops of the mesas looking back toward Zion Canyon.If you don't have a vehicle that you feel comfortable driving off road,then it would definitely be worth it to take a tour.Plus the guides know the area.They will take you to some really nice places that are off the beaten track,that not many people ever think about going to when they visit Zion.

Fort Mitchell...
Level Contributor
20 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeep Tour

Thanks! we will check out the tours your listed!

3. Re: Jeep Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 16, 2010