We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Desert Pearl - Premium King?

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Desert Pearl - Premium King?

We have one night booked at the Desert Pearl in April (2008) and have chosen a premium king. Has anyone stayed in one of these? There aren't any pictures that I can find, but the hotel seems to get very good reviews here!

I am looking forward very much to visiting Utah for the first time - have previously been to Nevada (LV), Arizona (Phoenix, Sedona, GC) and New Mexico (Santa Fe, Taos) - so I already know I love the Southwest :-)

TIA!

jacksonville
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Desert Pearl - Premium King?

We stayed at the Desert Pearl in October 2007 in a premium king room. It was wonderful. Incredible view, back patio with chairs facing the small river. Kitchen was equipped with dishes, coffee cups, dishwasher, microwave, refrig. It was our first trip ever to Utah and we can't wait to return. Second floor has enclosed balconies, first floor you can walk right out to the yard,

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Desert Pearl - Premium King?

As far as I know the premium kings are new rooms that opened in mid 2007. I stayed in one a couple of weeks ago - large room, underfloor heating in the bathroom, large plasma TV. Very comfortable. The floors are solid wood so there might be some noise from above if you are in a ground floor room.

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Desert Pearl - Premium King?

Was the room you stayed in a river-view room?

Thanks!

prescott
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Desert Pearl - Premium King?

We were recommended to the DP after we had booked another hotel away from the park. We got reservations and cancelled the other one. A great move! Make sure you get a first floor river view room. If one is not available now keep bugging the reservation desk to get you one. You can sit out on the outside chairs in the AM and drink coffee and watch the wildlife. In the PM after a day at Zion one can enjoy a relaxing drink (of whatever)and listen to the river and watch the sun's colors on the cliffs. The cafe by the front desk is great for a quick breakfast. Lot's of restaurants within walking distance. We would like to go back just for the room! Highly recommeded - 6 stars out of 5.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Desert Pearl - Premium King?

The room I stayed in was a river view room.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
269 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Desert Pearl - Premium King?

I stayed at the Desert Pearl for five days in September and had a room in the new building, second floor, which was a premium king, I believe. Very nice room. Big comfortable king bed with a sitting area separated by a little kitchenette. Nice bathroom with very nice toiletries. Terrific balcony which overlooked the Virgin River and the hilly area beyond. We sat out in the evening with a glass of wine and listened to the river. The first floor roooms had a stone patio instead of the balcony. There were restaurants in walking distance, a little market about five minutes away by car. We bought our wine in the liquor store at the Best Western motel as it appeared that supermarkets don't carry wine in Utah. We used the pool and whirlpool and the whirlpool was hot which was nice. I can recommend the Desert Pearl.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
790 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Desert Pearl - Premium King?

The Desert Pearl is awesome, we did the River Room with two Queens, but this is a very nice place for the area, you will be very very pleased, the parks of Utah are incredible, we did Zion, and Bryce and still want to return to do Arches and explore the Grand Canyon more. Our trip to Utah, Nevada and Az, still goes down as one of our best trips, and you will love whatever room you end up in at the Pearl.

ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Desert Pearl - Premium King?

Hi

I just booked 4 nights at the Desert Pearl.

I had a choice of up or down, river or pool.

Didn't know what to get, so I went with the down pool view.

Questions: Do all of the rooms have the wonderful bathrooms and flat screen tv's?

Will I have a patio with chairs to sit out on in the evening?

Since the room is a pool view, will I have a view of the sun going down if I am sitting out on my patio?

I am a family of 6 so had to go with two queens.

Thanks for your help!

9. Re: Desert Pearl - Premium King?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, September 16, 2009