We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours for someone travelling solo

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
2 posts
Save Topic
Tours for someone travelling solo

Hello,

I'm from the mid-west and I am planning a trip to Yosemite in July. It will be my first time to CA.

What kind of tour packages are available for the Yosemite area? I haven't quite decided on where to stay either. I do know that I want to stay at least 3 nights.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Mokelumne Hill, CA
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours for someone travelling solo

The park has tours that cost about $20 per trip, and go over various routes -- there's one to that covers the Valley floor that's pretty good, but there are several others as well.

Depending on how you're getting there, and what your tastes are...

Housekeeping is a tent with beds, but no blankets. There's electricity, showers nearby, a fire ring with a grate, and a picnic table. Costs about $70 a night.

Curry Village is also tents, but the beds have sheets and blankets, and some have heat. No cooking facilities -- you eat at a cafe/dining room. Costs about $70-$90 a night.

The Yosemite Lodge is a motel, but there is a cafeteria behind the lobby and a nice restaurant there as well. Costs about $95-$125 a night, depending.

The Wawona is not in the Valley -- it's about half an hour away -- and is pretty neat. They have rooms with and without baths, and also have cabins that are almost impossible to reserve. Costs about $100-$150, as I recall.

The Ahwahnee is a world class hotel. Costs something like $275 a night and is worth every penny.

www.yosemitepark.com is the website for reservations, but even if you can't get one today, try again. Also, the dirty little secret is to actually call, especially a week or so before you go, assuming you have some flexibility, as opposed to using the website. The website doesn't always reflect cancellations, but the phone center does.