We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Many days to visit and lodging options

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
540 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
How Many days to visit and lodging options

Looking into visiting Yosemite next June. I am thinking about spending three nights/four days in the park is that a good amount of time??? Trying to get reservations at Yosemite Lodge it seems like it may be tough to get three nights in a row. I was originally looking at June 22, 23 and 24 and they are already sold out. Should I book my nights at different locations. Is there anywhere else that I should consider staying that would be convenient for exploring the park? Thanks for your help.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
462 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Many days to visit and lodging options

See top questions for lodging options.

3 nights should give you enough time to explore the park. (some of us would spend week and still want more)

Yosemite view lodge is just outside the park but you can book there next year (to save yourself cancellation fees) if you cant find anything inside the park.

My advice is to book the dates available at lodge and see if you can grab other dates later as people cancel. You could have Wawona as backup in case no one cancels.

But that would mean packing up and moving.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,282 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Many days to visit and lodging options

This far out I'm sure you will be able to get 3 nights at the same lodging option, you just will have to check often for your dates. Put in 1 day at a time. We got lodging for last July in March, so cancellations do happen.

Williamston...
Level Contributor
867 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How Many days to visit and lodging options

That's a fair amount of time to hit the highlights of the park. You won't be able to see and do everything of course, but you should still have a satisfying experience. If you can't get 3 nights in a row at the Lodge at the Falls, just take what you can get for now and keep trying. Meanwhile, fill in the missing nights with something that may be available, like a tent cabin at Curry Village. It may be a bit on the rough side but it is an experience. You can always cancel it later (no penalty up to a week before) if something does open up at the Lodge.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,507 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How Many days to visit and lodging options

Right now the only things showing for those dates are Wawona, Awahnee , and the Tuolomne Lodge. Must be a very popular time!!

Definitely keep trying as folks do cancel.

Port Orange, Florida
Level Contributor
122 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How Many days to visit and lodging options

We just stayed 3-nights and it was a nice amount of time. We stayed at Yosemite West, a private (vacation rental) community within the park . Located right near the start of the Glacier Point road, it was about 40 minutes to the valley and seemed about the same in the other direction to Wawona hotel. The road is smooth and filled with nice views, the drive was no problem. Size/cost of units vary and they do have a more restrictive cancellation policy (maybe 90-days) but its worth a look. I wouldn't choose to stay anywhere else if I went back.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,022 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How Many days to visit and lodging options

We were there in May and stayed at the Lodge at the Falls. Just decided to go the middle of April and found cancellations for lodging and great airfare and car rental at SFO. We loved staying in the valley. Everything was right there- shuttle bus stops, tours, restaurants, gift shops and the falls. If we were to go back we would stay at the Lodge at the Falls again!!

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,534 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How Many days to visit and lodging options

I agree--take what they have now at the Lodge, and book any back-up accommodations for your three nights. I've had very good luck checking at many park lodges (including Yosemite) for cancellations to get the dates I want--but chances are those cancellations won't come until closer to next June. The people who have those dates booked already merely in case they do decide to go (as opposed to those who know for sure they will go, barring an emergency) aren't likely to cancel now for next June. Keep checking, and as the time gets nearer, call as well as looking online. Sometimes cancellations don't make it back online, as they are snapped up by some lucky caller.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
540 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How Many days to visit and lodging options

Was able to book Lodge at the Falls, Tuesday, June 23 through Thursday, June 25 this morning! I am sooo excited!

LA
Level Contributor
10,061 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: How Many days to visit and lodging options

Persistence pays off!

10. Re: How Many days to visit and lodging options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 27, 2015