We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yosemite Scenic Wonders

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
173 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Yosemite Scenic Wonders

Hi

Visiting YNP for the first time in October. We are driving over from San Francisco on the morning of the 2nd and expect to be there early afternoon. We are booked at Yosemite Scenic Wonders for 3 nights and will be self catering.

I understand our lodge is quite a distance from the main trails in Yosemite and we would need to drive everyday. Will parking be possible if we go early enough in the morning?

Also, what is suggested for lunch? We don't really want to drive back to the lodge and lose our parking space so would it be sensible to take a picnic and pop back to the car at lunch time? Or should we carry it with us?

We don't have an itinerary yet for our 2.5 days so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
173 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Yosemite Scenic Wonders

I was convinced I'd read it somewhere but now I can't find it! Sorry for the confusion!

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,709 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Yosemite Scenic Wonders

No worries! Enjoy the BBQ and dine outside on the deck if you like. (Bring mosquito repellant).

23. Re: Yosemite Scenic Wonders

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 13, 2015