We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curry village hotel rooms

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Curry village hotel rooms

I have been reading many mixed reviews about Curry Village. Has anyone stayed in hotel rooms at Curry Village? I don't need anything fancy, just clean and comfortable and prefer my own bathroom. This looks like a good option but seems rather pricey. Are these rooms worth the money?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Curry village hotel rooms

Th CV cabins with private baths are hard to come by though I see some availability mid-week in September for $200 (cheaper than the rooms at the Lodge at the Falls). The CV tent cabins are very different from the cabins so when you read the reviews, make sure you're looking at the reviews for the cabins with private baths, not the tent cabins.

Mariposa, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
2,257 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Curry village hotel rooms

You may also be asking about the very few non cabin hotel-ish rooms Curry Village actually has. They are located close to the Curry Village Lounge area, which means they are very convenient to the eating area, the amphitheater, and one of the shuttle stops of Curry.

My grandparents have stayed a handful of times in the rooms all between 2009 and 2012. So it's been a little while. But it's a very, very basic room. It was clean enough. Definitely not sound proof.

Unfortunately, just about all lodging in Yosemite Valley is very high priced, not because of the amenities (which are relatively few) but because of the convenient location. So yes, you're correct...the cost is definitely high for the room itself. Location location location.

Happy planning!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Curry village hotel rooms

Thanks for your info. I have booked 1 night in May 2014. It will be worth the cost to save on time and gas as our time in the park is limited .

4. Re: Curry village hotel rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 03, 2015