We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camp curry booked help please

London, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Camp curry booked help please

Hi all, absolutely terrible to see those fires destroying so much and my thoughts and hopes are with the people directly involved in this. We have hotels booked in death valley and then camp curry next weekend. We where going to use tiago pass this is not an option now. So from furnace creek could anyone give me a suggestion of days drive to camp curry if this is possible. Thanks in advance.

Sunnyvale, CA
Level Contributor
165 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camp curry booked help please

I assume you mean curry village in Yosemite and not camp curry where the president stays in Maryland. Take CA 190 W, US 395 S, CA 14 W, Ca 99 N, CA 41 N This is an 8 hour trip.

Edited: 10:20 am, August 30, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Sunnyvale, CA
Level Contributor
165 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camp curry booked help please

Some modifications of my last message.

Take CA 190 W, US 395 S, CA 14 W, CA 58 W, Ca 99 N, CA 41 N, Wawona Rd, Southside Dr, This is an 8 hour trip.

Mentioned in this post
Wawona
Wawona
Yosemite National Park, CA
Sunnyvale, CA
Level Contributor
165 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camp curry booked help please

BTW Tioga Road is supposed to reopen Sept 4. Don't know if you are referring to this weekend or next weekend.

Mentioned in this post
Tioga Road
Tioga Road
297 Reviews
Lee Vining, CA
LA
Level Contributor
11,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Camp curry booked help please

They haven't really posted a "re-opening date" for Tioga Pass Road.

The road was closed to allow backburns and they had to delay the backburn for two days. This might delay the re-opening.

Best to keep checking for updates.

Edited: 12:15 pm, August 30, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Tioga Pass
Tioga Pass
997 Reviews
Yosemite National Park, CA
Texas
Level Contributor
1,485 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camp curry booked help please

Hi fellow Brit! I hope your trip works out well despite the fire-related complications. And I apologize for the unnecessary response above - we still call Curry village "Camp Curry" as it used to be when we first visited Yosemite and we have had just as much fun there under both names:-) The President stays at Camp David in MD ... there's no Presidential Camp Curry anywhere. Why do people post in that way? Enjoy yourselves.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,994 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Camp curry booked help please

If you are going Sept 6-8, there's a good chance the Tioga Road may be open, but you will need to keep checking the park page. It's posted on several of the update threads in the Yosemite forum, you can also ask more questions about roads on those threads.

I think it is a good chance because they are backing down the number of fire crews and have a prediction of containment (not extinguishment) for 2 weeks or a little less from next weekend. But we never know until they open it.

Mentioned in this post
Tioga Road
Tioga Road
297 Reviews
Lee Vining, CA
7. Re: Camp curry booked help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 02, 2014