We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yosemite Lodge or Curry Village???

Which Yosemite National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sunnyvale
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Yosemite Lodge or Curry Village???

hey..

I was planning to spend a night in yosemite park on july 4the weekend.. and happen to have reservation at both Yosemite Lodge deluxe room ($181) and Curry Village Cabin with Shared Bathroom ($ 102)

Which one is a better and convenient location??..

Any Suggestions??

Thanks!!!

California, USA
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yosemite Lodge or Curry Village???

I've only stayed at Curry Village cabin w/ private bath as well as tent cabin before. Both YL and CV is right in the valley, so location-wise I don't think they are that different. If the extra $$ doesn't bleed you too much, I'd say go for YL.

Especially if you are particular about food. The Moutain Room restaurant @ YL is so much better than CV's Pavilion, a cheap buffet.

Sure, you can take a shuttle or drive to YL from CV, but it's more relaxing to stay within walking distance plus the convenience of having your own bathroom.

BTW, better to make advance dinner reservation for Mountain Room.

I went in past April and have to wait ~40 minutes. Cannot imagine what it'll be like during July 4th...

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,323 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yosemite Lodge or Curry Village???

A deluxe room at the Yosemite Lodge is a very nice place to stay, and probably the best location for lodging anywhere around the park, if you're looking for convenience. If it's in your budget, I'd say take it (hope it's still available.)

SInce you're coming from CA, bring an extra fan with you. The one downside to these locations in the summer is a lack of AC. They all have fans and the deluxe rooms have decks, but an extra fan won't hurt.

This does go to show that even on busy holidays, you can often find cancellations within the park.

Portola Valley...
Level Contributor
163 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yosemite Lodge or Curry Village???

Well I would say both are pretty close to the center.

Curry Village is convenient for going up Vernal Falls area. The Lodge is convenient to Visitor Center. You will probably want to visit both areas.

If you want to save money take the Curry Village Cabin. If you like creature comforts take the Lodge.

One person mentioned bringing a fan - but I can tell you when I stayed in Curry Village I was pleased I asked for an extra blanket - you might want to do that if the night looks like being freezing cold. It won't freeze - but it may be below 50 degrees at night.

sunnyvale
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Yosemite Lodge or Curry Village???

Thanks a lot people!!!

I just booked a room in Yosemite Lodge..

The last one avaialable.,..when I called.

I guess closer the long weekend..more cancellations they get.

Anyways.. hope to have some nice time there.

any tips and suggestions for 2 days in yosemite.. please let them flow in!! :-)

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,323 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yosemite Lodge or Curry Village???

Hey Dreamd...

We just had a similar question at this post: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g61000-i315-k66372…

I also bumped up the trip report from our recent 2-day trip chasing waterfalls in the valley, which is referenced in the above post. Hopefully they will be of use to you.