We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First come/first served camping at Bridalveil Creek

Ventura, California
Level Contributor
86 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
First come/first served camping at Bridalveil Creek

Hi,

I will be visiting Yosemite in August and have secured reservations for 2 nights in the valley at a campsite in Upper Pines. We would like to extend the trip for 2 more nights and were thinking about doing so by attempting the first come/first served camping at Bridalveil Creek along Glacier Point Road. The NPS website states that Camp 4 and Tuolumne fill up rather quickly, but that the other first come/first served campsites tend to be "easier to find space in" if you arrive prior to noon. Since we will be coming from the valley and technically have a head start over "the masses", I am pretty sure we can get there way early. I have no experience with first come first served camping anywhere, let alone in a park like Yosemite. Does anyone have any experience with this campground in August, or any thoughts or recommendations in general? We would be looking at checking in for a Wednesday and Thursday night (not on the weekend). As always, thanks in advance for your input!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
62,308 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First come/first served camping at Bridalveil Creek

I think you have a good chance, but of course someone must leave in order for a new person to move in. I'd recommend trying to get there by 8 or 9 am, but I don't have experience getting a site at this campground.

Here is some info about First Come First Served campgrounds: .tripadvisor.com/Travel-g152515-c188781

2. Re: First come/first served camping at Bridalveil Creek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 17, 2014