We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuolumne meadows questions

london
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tuolumne meadows questions

My 7 yr old and myself will be up there for 2 nights in mid June, Saturday to Monday, staying at TM lodge.

Is the shuttle likely to be running up there then? I would like to have a car free day on the Sunday but most of the trailheads seem to be further along the road. Also, are there likely to be any ranger programmes going on then? I looked at last year's guide for the same time and it seemed non committal for this time of year but given the road has been open a while already I wondered if we might be in luck.

Many thanks

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuolumne meadows questions

Are you asking about the shuttle from TM to Olmsted Point? Or the tour bus from Yosemite Valley to TM?

london
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuolumne meadows questions

The shuttle from TM meadows to Olmsted point. Thanks

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
70,038 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuolumne meadows questions

I know the free shuttle usually begins running in June, but I don't know when. I read that the Tuolumne Meadows store is opening on Saturday, so other services should also be starting up soon.

For others lurking on this thread, here is

a list of bus stops nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/tmbus.htm

a map of the main area (this map doesn't go out to Olmsted Point) yosemite.ca.us/maps/tuolumne_meadows_map.jpg

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuolumne meadows questions

The shuttle starts running when the following happens. 1. Tioga road opens 2. TM stores open. 3. Lodge opens. According to DNC tour desk rep, both the free shuttle and tour bus will run then. YARTs runs buses on weekend between TM and the Valley too.

london
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuolumne meadows questions

Great info thanks. The layout of TM is much clearer on thatmap than the one in my book. Now I just need to work out which hike to do :-)

london
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tuolumne meadows questions

Thanks ALTippet. I was obviously typing at the same time as you. That was exactly the info I hoped someone knew.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
70,038 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tuolumne meadows questions

Note that the TM map i Reply 3 is a great layout, but the map isn't drawn to scale. This one is probably more accurate as it's the NPS hiking map: nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/loader.cfm…

Keep an eye on the Yosemite facebook page for Park updates.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tuolumne meadows questions

Thks. If the lodge is not open when you arrive with your bags, the shuttle status will probably be the least of your concerns.

9. Re: Tuolumne meadows questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 24, 2014