We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you're looking for in-park lodging for June 2013...

So Cal
Level Contributor
11,625 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
If you're looking for in-park lodging for June 2013...

....don't give up!

Doing the happy dance now - I finally got the last night I need in Housekeeping Camp, for the first week of June. Back when I first started making *very* last-minute reservations, in April, there was nothing at all in HKC for my week, so I booked Curry Village. Between checking the website and calling in every day, I started cobbling together single nights in HKC and now I have in my hot little email folder, a confirmation for 5 nights, in a river unit no less!

HappyHappyHappy HappyHappyHappy.

Ahem.

Anyway, I post this to encourage anyone else out there - don't give up when you see lack of availability. Make a back-up reservation (that you could a) cancel and b) still enjoy if you're stuck with it) and keep checking!

Now off to cancel Curry...

Did I mention I'm happy? :-)

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
22,190 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you're looking for in-park lodging for June 2013...

Congrats! I started my late July trip planning last weekend, lol and got a night at Yosemite Lodge at the Falls for a night. Now looking for other nights, but I've got 2 nights camping as a backup!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
69,994 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you're looking for in-park lodging for June 2013...

Thanks for letting us know that "Musical Reservations" still works! Congratulations on your success.

So Cal
Level Contributor
11,625 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If you're looking for in-park lodging for June 2013...

It was more like Whack-A-Mole this past week. Days popping open and closed, here there and everywhere - everywhere except the one I was watching. Till suddenly, a wild reservation appeared!

Actually - and this is another thing for folks to keep in mind - it *didn't*. Yesterday there was nothing for my week in the online calendar. This morning, there were 4 days open (but not the night I wanted). At lunchtime, it was down to one. So I called in, and lo and behold, there it was.

So: check online, AND call. Persistence pays off (sometimes). And BTW, there are now another 5 nights open in Curry, in case anyone's interested. ;-)

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
23,925 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If you're looking for in-park lodging for June 2013...

Thanks for the report! I have been checking every now and then to add another night to our trip. Not successful yet, but keep will keep trying.

Edited: 11:14 pm, May 16, 2013
london
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If you're looking for in-park lodging for June 2013...

Thanks for the encouragement. I've been trying several times daily for over a month to upgrade from curry village for a night in mid June. It's become habit, not even sure I want the lodge now.

London
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: If you're looking for in-park lodging for June 2013...

When's the best time to check? Or do you just check at random times throughout the day? I've got 2 hard sided cabins for 31st July for 2 nights, but ideally would like Yosemite Lodge

So Cal
Level Contributor
11,625 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If you're looking for in-park lodging for June 2013...

I really don't know if there is a best time. I usually checked online early and late, and called in during my lunch hour. No idea how often their system updates the website calendar. I wonder if there even is a specific update time, or if it's live?

8. Re: If you're looking for in-park lodging for June 2013...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 19, 2014