We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tuolumne Meadows lodge in Mid June?

london
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
tuolumne Meadows lodge in Mid June?

I am thinking of booking a couple of nights here for myself and my 7 yr old daughter. What will conditions be like? I presume it will be really cold at night but what about day time temps? How will the hiking be? Am talking about 2-3 mile hikes or so?

Many thanks

LA
Level Contributor
11,478 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: tuolumne Meadows lodge in Mid June?

It can be very cold at night. Make sure and bring gloves and hats to wear at night in the tent. They have blankets and a wood stove, but the stove doesn't really heat it all night long.

The daytime temps can be in the 60's or maybe even 70"s.

Lots of short hikes. Some of the higher trails might be muddy or snowy, but the flatter trails in the area will be OK. This doesn't look like a big snow year so the meadow isn't likely to be flooded as it was in past heavy snow years.

london
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tuolumne Meadows lodge in Mid June?

Thank you for this. I've booked it now and am really excited about staying and hiking up there. We'll have our hiking boots with us and think we'll take sleeping bags as well as using their blankets.

3. Re: tuolumne Meadows lodge in Mid June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 20, 2014