We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yosemite lodge booking - is this normal?

london
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Yosemite lodge booking - is this normal?

Hi. I booked 2 nights at Yosemite lodge for October using my credit card on Thursday. I have now received an email from them asking for a deposit. I thought I had already paid this. Want to make sure I'm not paying twice. Thanks for your thoughts.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yosemite lodge booking - is this normal?

Who did you book through? I did not make a separate deposit after making my reservations - that I recall.

Is the first charge on your credit card yet?

If you used Yosemitepark.com you can contact reservations directly to inquire:

Reservations: (801) 559-4884

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yosemite lodge booking - is this normal?

We booked through http://www.yosemitepark.com/

I booked, cancelled and re-booked 2-3 times in the past few months and was never contacted after the room had been booked and confirmed by email. The confirmation email states that the first night room and tax fees will be charged at the time of booking.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,400 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yosemite lodge booking - is this normal?

>>I booked, cancelled and re-booked 2-3 times in the past few months and was never contacted after the room had been booked and confirmed by email.<<

Did you receive confirmation of your cancellation(s)? I would definitely call them at the number given you and make sure everything is in order.

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yosemite lodge booking - is this normal?

It didn't seem ot be that bellman3 was having a problem just relaying that a separate deposit didn't occur when he made multiple reservations. I do wonder what reservation company nelnelLondon used though.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,848 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yosemite lodge booking - is this normal?

Correct. No problems here. The system's worked fine for us. I received a quick response to each transaction with emails confirming each reservation and cancellation.

I do appreciate the advice I got here to book through Yosemitepark.com

london
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yosemite lodge booking - is this normal?

I did book through yosemitepark.com. It turns out that my credit card company decieded to refuse the payment as potentially fraudulent but didn't bother to tell me til the next day. I'm pleased that the reservation people will let me ring up to pay the deposit rather than just cancel the reservation. We're so excited about staying in the valley - last year we stayed over an hour outside the valley which wasn't much fun with a 3 yr old. Thanks for your comments - I knew something wasn't right when I got the email.

7. Re: Yosemite lodge booking - is this normal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 06, 2011