We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant bookings when you change lodging

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant bookings when you change lodging

Hi all,

Less than a month now until I finally leave for my Yellowstone adventures and I am getting very excited!

The one booking I had/have that wasn't quite sitting comfortably with me was my night in a Lake Yellowstone Frontier Cabin. As cute as the little yellow cabins look, we are a party of 4 (3 adults and 1 child) and I just know we would feel squished in 2 double beds.

However, I just noticed today, when looking through the Fall Newsletter, that the Lake Lodge Western Cabins have extended their opening days by a week. I'm thinking that this is a fairly recent change, as I had no issues nabbing a cabin for our end of September stay. So excited to now have Queen beds instead of doubles.

We will need to check in at Lake Hotel as all other Lake Lodge facilities will be closed, and I must say, these cabins look pretty ugly from the outside, but it's our comfort while we are inside the cabin that matters to me most.

Anyway, I will ring up this weekend to cancel the Frontier cabin, but I am worried about what this will mean for our Lake Hotel Dinner reservation. Does anyone know if I will be able to keep it given that we are under 60 days and there is no restaurant open at Lake Lodge during our stay? Or do you think my booking will cancel with my cabin reservation and I will need to get the person on the phone to rebook as fast as possible before the slot is taken?

I realize I will find the answer to this once I ring, but it would still be nice to have a heads-up. If losing our dinner reservation is a possibility, we may opt to stick with the Frontier Cabin.

Thanks in advance :)

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant bookings when you change lodging

My experience in changing lodging from Old Faithful Inn to Snow Lodge was that it had no effect on the booking for dinner at OFI. But policies can change.

Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
2,780 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant bookings when you change lodging

As long as you're still going to be staying in the Lake complex, changing cabins shouldn't affect your dinner reservations at the Hotel. Just confirm that with the agent when you call. BTW - the Lake Lodge Western cabins are much nicer inside than you would think from looking at the exteriors!

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant bookings when you change lodging

Thank you both. That is reassuring.

I have seen pics of the Western cabin interior and it does look quite lovely. Particularly the charming wood furnishings. I'm guessing the 10 hours of comfort we are inside the cabin is more important than the 10 minutes we will be viewing it from the outiside :)

Another question if you don't mind. Where do you park for the Western cabins? If it's in a parking lot, can you pull up closer to the cabin to load and unload the car? This was part of the appeal of the Lake Hotel cabins. Particularly since we want an early getaway the next morning to get to Hayden Valley.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
424 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant bookings when you change lodging

You should have no trouble keeping your dinner reservation, especially since you are under 60 days for your Lake Lodge cabin reservation. I would just confirm with the reservation agent that you want to keep the dinner reservation when you call.

There is parking right at each cabin at Lake Lodge, just like for the cabins at the Lake Hotel.

jackson, miss
Level Contributor
692 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant bookings when you change lodging

You park right outside your cabin. Ours was delightful. Very large with comfy beds. Bath is a little small, but we loved having the sink and mirror outside the bath as it made sharing a bathroom easier. Decor is nice. We went the last weekend in Sept. last year and our cabin was very quiet.

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant bookings when you change lodging

Excellent! Thanks heaps.

It's great to get the answers I was hoping for.

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant bookings when you change lodging

Thanks again everyone. You were all correct - cancelling the cabin did not affect my dinner reservation. :)

Also, I just wanted to point out for anyone struggling to find in park accommodation for the last few days of Sep and first few days of Oct, the Lake Lodge Western cabins still have a lot of availability (including multi-night stays). Not much has been said about this extension in dates so I don't think many people know about it.

8. Re: Restaurant bookings when you change lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 31, 2015