We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need help with an itenerary

mn
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
I need help with an itenerary

Me my husband and our four year old will be traveling to Yellowstone at the end of May for a 7 days and we need help planning a trip. I am pregnant and because we have a four year old we can probably only manage 1-2 mile hikes at a time. Where should we fly into and out of? Do we have time for Grand Teton? Any help breaking down the trip into areas and how long we need at each place, as well as room recommendations and places to eat would be greatly appreciated. I have been reading through forums and looking on websites and it can be so overwhelming. In terms of cost we are not on a strict budget. Thanks!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,792 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need help with an itenerary

First of all check for lodging inside the park. If nothing available, then look at West YS or Gardiner. In Jackson/Tetons lodging may still be available.

Plan 4 days in YS, 2 days in Tetons and 1 day in the town you fly into. Main fly in cities are Bozeman, Billings MT and Jackson WY. All within a few hours of the parks. Easiest would be Jackson.

Spend time on the NPS websites for each park www.nps.gov/yell and www.nps.gov/grte tons of information on the different areas. Since YS roads are in a big figure 8, plan upper portion one day, lower portion another and a 3rd day in the geyser basins near Old Faithful. Your 4 year old may like the Grizzly/Wolf Discovery Center in West YS.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need help with an itenerary

if you fly into Jackson, WY make sure the South Entrance to Yellowstone is open. If it is closed, I would fly into Bozeman. That drive up the mountain from Jackson, WY to the West Yellowstone is quite scary.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I need help with an itenerary

If you fly into Jackson, WY make sure the South Entrance to Yellowstone is open. If it is closed, I would fly into Bozeman. The drive from Jackson,WY over the Teton Pass, can be a bit of an experience, for the novice.

4. Re: I need help with an itenerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 27, 2015