We're considering to visit grand teton and yellow Stone in the coming summer. We're a family a four with 2 children(12 and 4 years). We're planning to drive from San Francisco in June/July/Aug depending on when we can get the accommodations inside the park. We're looking for some help in planning for this.
1. With a 4 year old, we may take 2 or 3 days to drive there. What is the best route to take with stops for the nights? Is there a better route while driving back to San Francisco to see other attractions on the way?
2. We could not be sure if it is better enter to Grand Teton or Yellow Stone first. There seem to be multiple entrances, so which entrance do we enter from?
3. We're thinking of staying one night in Grand Teton and 3/4 nights in Yellow stone. Is this good enough to cover every thing?
4. To minimize the driving in the park, what are our best options to stay inside the park? If we cannot get accommodations inside the park, we may have to consider something outside but very close to the park. So, please also suggest anything that we can consider.
5. Any other tips/suggestions
Thank you for your time in helping out.