We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xanterra snowcoaches and West Yelowstone

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Xanterra snowcoaches and West Yelowstone

Wow--I just found out, the hard way, that Xanterra no longer provides transportation into OF from West Yellowstone. If you are in West and want to spend a day or two in the park you would need to book a tour from a local company into the park, then book another tour out of the park when you are ready to exit the park. And, luggage "may be an issue." Wow.

So now I am flying into Jackson, staying in Jackson for a night, catching a shuttle to Flagg Ranch, and then catching the shuttle to OF. New and different for me...

Any suggestions for my two days and nights in Jackson, without a car? Anything I should know about the shuttle from Jackson to Flagg Ranch? Hot, cold, squishy, makes you car sick?

I have't yet booked the shuttle from Flagg into OF, but any comments or suggestions about that trip?

Thanks!

Burlington, Iowa...
Level Contributor
617 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xanterra snowcoaches and West Yelowstone

Check out thbergs trip report from last winter. It has info and pictures on the shuttle to Old Faithful from Flagg Ranch. I'll try to find the link.

Burlington, Iowa...
Level Contributor
617 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xanterra snowcoaches and West Yelowstone

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28973-i480-k61111…

pictures:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28973-i480-k68528…

If you need more days of the trip report, over on the right hand side is a link that takes you to the trip report archive. It is about half way down.

Iowa
Level Contributor
305 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xanterra snowcoaches and West Yelowstone

Great suggestion jenmarie35...am heading to Yellowstone in a couple weeks and that trip report answered many questions. Thank you!

Burlington, Iowa...
Level Contributor
617 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xanterra snowcoaches and West Yelowstone

Your welcome! That's what those reports are for. If you have any other questions just ask. Have a great time on your trip!

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xanterra snowcoaches and West Yelowstone

Thanks to jenmarie and thbergs. The info on the shuttle into OF was especially helpful. I am one who is not especially fond of long, warm, squishy rides with the potential to make one a little queezy, and I will dress and pack accordingly. Thanks!

6. Re: Xanterra snowcoaches and West Yelowstone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 19, 2014