We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to amend a camping reservation

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best way to amend a camping reservation

I have a reservation for Canyon Campground next year, and recently sent them an email to say my plans have changed slightly and could I add an extra day on to the end of my reservation. They sent a reply that makes it seem as though they didn't actually read my email, telling me that all reservations must be made by phoning them. As I'm in a different country though I wanted to avoid the expensive phone call.

What I'm concerned about is - if I book one day separately on their website, I thought maybe they'll allocate a certain camping spot to a reservation. So I could end up with a different spot for the last day and would have to move all my stuff. Anyone have experience with anything like this and known an easy way to solve it?

Thanks.

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to amend a camping reservation

Yes, if you book separately, they will give you a different campsite. That has happened to me & I had to move campsites, easy for me since I was set up in a pick-up campershell, not a tent.

Several things comes to mind.

You could make a whole new reservation for your entire nights at Canyon. Then when you get to the states you could cancel your first reservation as the cancellation policy reads:

"For Summer Lodging, including camping reservations, a 48-hour notice is required to receive a full refund of your deposit amount. "

Just make sure you cancel the correct one LOL!

Or after you make your new reservation, you could e-mail to cancel your first reservation, requesting a comfirmation of your cancellation (I have no idea if they will even do this via e-mail- you may get the same response back as before)

Or you could simply make your last night at Madison CG. I believe I saw on your other posts that you are headed out of the park that way anyway.

Or you could call.

I must say, I have spent lots of time camping in YNP & have cancelled & changed reservations numerous times. Xanterra has always, flawlessly, refunded my cancellations.

Hopefully, one of the local destination experts will correct me if need be or add a better solution.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to amend a camping reservation

After looking at your suggestions I decided to just call. I didn't want to complicate things by booking again and then having to get my deposit refunded. The call cost a few pound but I'm happy now, knowing that it's all sorted. Thanks again for the help!

3. Re: Best way to amend a camping reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 15, 2014