We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - July 2012

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
309 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report - July 2012

Yes, the date above is correct. Luckily I wrote most of my notes during or shortly after my trip. Otherwise, I wouldn't have remembered this much. I'm wondering if I may have broken a record for longest time to post a trip report since I took the trip?? LOL! It is VERY long if that helps. :D

Anyhoo, here is the link to read about our family road trip from Texas to Yellowstone National Park in the summer of last year!!

…weebly.com/yellowstone-road-trip---2012.html

TxLisa

Edited: 9:59 pm, November 18, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
309 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Trip Report - July 2012

Thanks Ohio Hick. I loved that site. It was so easy to use. I tried using Word Press in the past, but I couldn't get the photo formatting/sizing to look right. Weebly was so much easier, and I was very happy with the final result. The next time I can find some "spare time," I plan to add some pages for tips for road trip planning and tips traveling with kids.

Also, I have to thank you for your past trip report to Yellowstone. Your pictures of the Grand Prismatic Spring inspired me to search out that spot on the hill to see if from above. It was so much more amazing than seeing it from the boardwalk.

I don't think we'll get back to Yellowstone for a few years, but we have a Colorado road trip planned for next summer, and Glacier National Park in 2015. I really want to see YNP in the winter, but I want to make sure my son is old enough to ride on a snowmobile. He would absolutely love that.

Thanks again, and happy travels!! :D

Edited: 10:30 am, November 23, 2013
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
781 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Trip Report - July 2012

I just finished reading your report and I really enjoyed it. It sounds like you had a great time and your son seemed to really enjoy himself too. I think the kinds of vacations my parents took me on when I was young are the reason I love the national parks and hiking today!!

Ohio, USA
Destination Expert
for Bryce Canyon National Park, Bryce, Arches National Park
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Trip Report - July 2012

I looked at a few other sites before settling on weebly for my trip journals. I agree, weebly is very easy to use and allows very flexible formatting. That was why I licked for my journals.

And you are welcome on the GPS inspiration ;-) I'm glad I could pay it forward as it were. I saw some pics of GPS from these hills as I was researching our trip. That became the number one list of "must have" photos. It is also the only place that we will for sure repeat when we return to Yellowstone next summer. Your husband was probably standing on nearly the same spot that I was when he got his shot.

You'll enjoy Glacier. A true hikers paradise. The folks over on the Glacier forum are very helpful, so you'll get a lot of great advice for your trip.

Montpelier, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Trip Report - July 2012

Lisa, that was one of the most enjoyable trip reports I have ever read! Lots of great details and beautiful pictures. You son is so lucky to have had that experience. I really like the website too, and gives me ideas for our trip coming up next June. Thanks again for taking the time to put all of this together. :-)

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
309 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Trip Report - July 2012

Thanks OhioHick. I already have been visiting the GNP Forum, and you are right. There are some people with great advice there too. We actually went to GNP in 2006 when my step kids were 11 and 13. My step daughter (who was 11 at the time), still thinks it was the best trip ever, and she is 19 now. At the time, we stayed at a rental home in West Glacier, but we will stay in the park for our next trip. I am really looking forward to staying at the Many Glacier Hotel. I already have my itinerary planned out for the most part. LOL! We are going to drive up through SD to see Custer State Park, Mt Rushmore, over to Devils Tower, and then onto GNP from there.

Danadan, Thank you so much!! It was definitely one of my favorite vacations. Luckily, my son is a great traveler. Enjoy your trip in June!! You will love it. :)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,130 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Trip Report - July 2012

What a wonderful trip you had. Thanks for taking the time to write the T/R and sharing with us. Loved the photos too!

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
309 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Trip Report - July 2012

Thanks TimeshareVon!! It's nice to see another Wisconsonite here. (I was born and raised in the Milwaukee area!!) :D

18. Re: Trip Report - July 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 28, 2014