We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Recommendations please.

Huntington, West...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner Recommendations please.

Everyone says "you don't go to Yellowstone for the food" and I completely agree! But nevertheless I am seeking input on good evening meal experiences. Need a recommendation for the Tower/Lamar Valley area and the Mammoth area please.

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
21,019 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner Recommendations please.

I don't remember when you are traveling??

At Roosevelt there is the Roosevelt Lodge which closes Labor Day weekend. At Tower Fall there is a very small General Store with a small food service area. Many think Roosevelt Lodge has the best food in the park. It is too meat heavy for me, but your family might enjoy it. When I think of Tower Fall, I think *ice cream* not meal. If you are in Lamar, you could drive out of the park to Silver Gate or Cooke City I suppose.

At Mammoth, there is the General Store, not really a lunch counter, but more ice cream level. There is also the Mammoth Hotel dining room and the Terrace Grill.

Here is a link to Xanterra, the park concessionaire for lodging which lists their dining facilities. The General Stores are owned by a different company. Click on each dining option, then click on details on the left for a menu for each facility.

yellowstonenationalparklodges.com/Dining-76.…

If you are at Mammoth, you are pretty close to Gardiner which has a bigger selection of restaurants.

Pam

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner Recommendations please.

I have had the best, HUGE breakfasts after early morning Lamar wildlife viewing at the Log Cabin Cafe in Silver Gate at the northeast entrance:

http://www.thelogcabincafe.com/eat

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
845 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner Recommendations please.

We loved our meal at the Roosevelt dining room. Western themed and they don't take reservations. This meant we had a wait but passed the time out on the beautiful porch of the lodge sipping drinks from the bar- not a bad way to wait for a table!! Food is served with cornbread and cute little honey pots.

Edited: 10:44 am, July 25, 2013
Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner Recommendations please.

Had a few wonderful dinners at the Roosevelt Lodge dining room....even took our dinners to go one night so we could view wildlife. It was awesome!!! ( and the rocking chairs on the porch are a wonderful place to wait!!)

Spery, Iowa
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner Recommendations please.

Fan of Roosevelt (carnivore, lol) not of Mammoth, but love to picnic there and watch the elk.

PA
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner Recommendations please.

If staying in Mammoth, drive up to Gardiner (5 miles) and have dinner at the Raven Grill. We had excellent dinners there (salmon & steak). It is about a block from the park entrance - and you can see & drive through the Roosevelt Arch.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
Level Contributor
13,162 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner Recommendations please.

It's not in your immediate area, but I would recommend dinner one night at the Old Faithful Inn Dining Room. The food was good and the staff was outstanding. We ate there several times.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
845 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner Recommendations please.

I could not agree more with randbtravel, the old faithful inn dining room is definately not to be missed.

9. Re: Dinner Recommendations please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 29, 2014