We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking things in advance?

Washington...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Booking things in advance?

My mom and I are planning kind of a last-minute trip to Yellowstone. We'll be there for two nights mid-September, and I was lucky enough to get a room in the Park, though unfortunately it looks like it's at the lowest rated lodging (Grant Village). We'll also be spending several days in Jackson Hole to explore that area and Grand Teton.

While there, I'm mostly interested in just exploring the natural wonders of the park (we'll have a car) and doing some outdoorsy activities, like boating and hiking.

My question is - do I need to look into booking things now, such as rental boats and restaurants, or are we alright just going and doing things as we find them? This goes for both Yellowstone and Jackson Hole. Thanks!

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking things in advance?

I would call, and check website everyday and try to change your lodging. Something else could come up!!!! I personally vote for doing things as you find them....especially with only 2 nights. As long as you have even a small cooler in your car so you can toss in some snacks and drinks....we found we were just toooo happy with watching wildlife to stop and go somewhere to eat!!! Just my 2 cents!!! have a BLAST!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
4,601 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking things in advance?

As September starts things begin closing. The boat tours and probably rentals close September 8 at Bridge Bay in Yellowstone.

www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/ocd_locale.htm

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,958 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking things in advance?

Keep checking Xanterra- saw some openings at OF area in September just yesterday. That would be a great area as well as the Lake area.

4. Re: Booking things in advance?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 13, 2014