We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellowstone camping on the 5th and 6th of July.

Boston...
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Yellowstone camping on the 5th and 6th of July.

My husband and I are driving cross country and will hit Yellowstone on the 5th of July. I'm kicking myself because a month ago I didn't book a campsite because there was so much availability. Now none of the campgrounds you can reserve have available sites. What are the chances we can get a campsite if we show up super early on the 5th? Do you think people will have shown up prior to the 4th and camp through the weekend? Just trying to figure out the best way to attempt this... Thanks in advance!

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yellowstone camping on the 5th and 6th of July.

I see openings from tent sites to 40 ft RV sites at Bridge Bay campground online for July 5 & 6:

yellowstonenationalparklodges.com/what-to-kn…

What are you camping in?

Boston...
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Yellowstone camping on the 5th and 6th of July.

Awesome!! Thanks! I don't know what happened when I looked before but it showed July 5th as being booked. I'm going to go ahead and book it, but I'm still curious what my chances are of getting a spot in (what I consider the more desirable) first come first served campgrounds.

USA
Level Contributor
9,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yellowstone camping on the 5th and 6th of July.

There is no way to tell what the 1st come-1st serve campsites will be like over the 4th holiday weekend.

Each time I camp in the park is different. I always arrive at the 1st come-1st serve as early in the morning as possible, usually very early morning.

Reservations are great for the security of a spot, especially the first night in the park, and Bridge Bay campground is a nice campground. I always put in the request box on xanterra reservations for loop E or above, which are more private.

Edited: 10:32 pm, June 15, 2013
4. Re: Yellowstone camping on the 5th and 6th of July.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 17, 2014