We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Number of nights & rooms at Canyon Lodge

Boston...
Level Contributor
193 posts
284 reviews
Save Topic
Number of nights & rooms at Canyon Lodge

Wondering if we give ourselves 2 nights @ CL and 2 nights at OF - does this sound like a good split of our time?

Also, can anyone advise on the rooms at CL - there is availability for a queen frontier cabin as well as 2 doubles in a standard hotel room...the hotel room being twice the price of the cabin. Does anyone know if you have a private bath in the cabin? It sounds as though there is as the description states "simple motel-style units built in the 1950's and arranged in modules of 4 or 8 units. These units have a private bathroom equipped with shower, toilet and sink. One queen bed"

We're not overly anal but I do enjoy a private bath. Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
4,311 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Number of nights & rooms at Canyon Lodge

The cabins at Canyon have private baths. I prefer the cabins to the lodge even though older.

Boston...
Level Contributor
193 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Number of nights & rooms at Canyon Lodge

Excellent, thank you!

I was just researching a bit more (something I should do more of prior to asking!) and we found most mention that the lodges are simply a place to rest your head after an exhausting day - makes sense to me!

One other question - looks like OF is out in terms of staying there (no availability) - would we be better off staying at CL and doing a day trip to OF or doing the 2 nights at CL and then two nights at Grant? Again, thanks to all!

Burlington, Iowa...
Level Contributor
617 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Number of nights & rooms at Canyon Lodge

You should try for Old Faithful. Being in the geyser basin before and after the crowds is priceless. Just keep refreshing the Xanterra website and calling, availability changes all the time.

Boston...
Level Contributor
193 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Number of nights & rooms at Canyon Lodge

I do feel the same way, jenmarie - thanks. The other option is to spend the 2 nights in CL and then the following 2 @ Jackson Lake Lodge @ GTNP - a better option??

Burlington, Iowa...
Level Contributor
617 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Number of nights & rooms at Canyon Lodge

I wouldn't give up any nights in the park.

Also about the canyon cabins, they are very basic and as mentioned built in the 50's. They also haven't been updated since then. no cabin charm but I also prefer them over the lodge rooms. Just wanted you to have realistic expectations.

Edited: 11:29 pm, March 22, 2013
Boston...
Level Contributor
193 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Number of nights & rooms at Canyon Lodge

I'll keep trying for OF!

7. Re: Number of nights & rooms at Canyon Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 25, 2014