We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to dress...

Alexandria, VA
5 posts
Save Topic
how to dress...

ok, this may sound dumb, but oh well. I've never been to Yellowstone before. i'll finally be going in July. now July is usually a hot month here in the D.C. region....but i told myself "you're going to be doing a lot of walking outdoors....going to see some wildlife..." so i dont think wearing a cute skirt or something is really smart for such a trip. i guess i want to know should i wear long sleeves and jeans most of the time? are there are a lot of flies and such? sorry if this sounds dumb, but i want to be prepared :-)

Alexandria, VA
5 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: how to dress...

what are some good websites where i can find clothes and such for....outdoors-y people? off the top of my head, i can only think of LL bean....

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
3,384 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: how to dress...

llbean, eddie bauer, campmor, rei, orvis, bass pro shops, cabellas for a few.

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
19,051 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: how to dress...

In addition, Sierra Trading Post, Sahalie, Columbia and Royal Robbins (they are kind of spendy though).

If you live in Alexandria, VA, it looks like on the REI site there are stores in Bailey's Crossroads and Fairfax. I have NO idea how far those might be from Alexandria, but it lists them in the DC area.

http://www.rei.com/stores/storeloc.html#dc

If you can go by there, it is a good idea to try on several brands of clothing as some have a very different fit from others.

Pam

USA
Level Contributor
381 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: how to dress...

Hi

It's nice to go to REI/Cabella etc.. to shop but not necessary. You can just go through the active wear racks at most dept stores and Marshalls types. Always try the new shoes out first at home. Have you ever gone to Potomac Mills? They have lots of stores there and Columbia outlet is opening there soon. If you like shopping heehee

Alexandria, VA
5 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: how to dress...

thanks for all the suggestions! you guys rock!

16. Re: how to dress...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 19, 2014