We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Faithful eruption times

Iowa
Level Contributor
122 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Old Faithful eruption times

We're getting closer to our departure date. Now we're down to minute details and looking at our travel books and dreaming. Can anyone tell me how you find out the predicted eruption times for Old Faithful? Is it posted on the web or do you just go and wait. We've been watching the web cam and it gives the next predicted time.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
6,523 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old Faithful eruption times

You can check for predicted eruption times in many buildings in the Old Faithful area.

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
20,181 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old Faithful eruption times

There is also a geyser app which I posted recently but dont have time to look up for you right now. Try a search on geyser app!

Pam

Buford, Georgia
Level Contributor
449 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Old Faithful eruption times

If you can get data service on your phone try the link below which gives you actual eruption times, not predictions. Add 90 minutes from the last OF eruption to get an approximate time but be there 15 minutes earlier. I used that a lot in the early morning when nothing was open to check times.

http://www.geysertimes.org/index.php

Indianapolis, IN
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Old Faithful eruption times

This is a phone number with recorded eruption times that I got from Frommer's: 1-307-344-2751.

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Old Faithful eruption times

Here is the link D0bby just mentioned:

http://geysers.blogspot.com/

Thanks again, Pam!

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
20,181 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Old Faithful eruption times

Thanks Flagstaff, I do admit to doing the last post from my phone in bed, lol!!

Pam

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Old Faithful eruption times

And I'll admit that I still had it in my clipboard to paste right in because I'd just sent it to my husband. :)

He's going to download it so we can take advantage next time we're at Yellowstone!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
437 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Old Faithful eruption times

Depending on your cell phone provider, you may not have data service for the app in the Old Faithful area. My traveling companion uses T-Mobile and he did not have data service. (There are other threads on TA about cell phone and data coverage in Yellowstone.)

The big TV display and clock in the Old Faithful Visitor Education Center (VEC), the telephone number for the recording and the indicator clocks in several of the buildings around Old Faithful will all provide you with current predictions.

The recording and the display in the VEC also have prediction for several other geysers in the area.

9. Re: Old Faithful eruption times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 09, 2013