We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours4Fun

Melbourne
7 posts
Save Topic
Tours4Fun

I have just came back from a tour purchased from Tours4Fun (10-Day Yellowstone, Grand Canyon West Rim, & Yosemite Bus Tour from Las Vegas). They were without any doubt the worst tours we have ever been to:

1) Language - there was no information whatsoever that the tours are bilingual. We only got it in small print once we have purchased the tours but not before.

2) Guides – all 3 guides we had to deal with spoke badly broken English. With their poor gramma and bad pronunciation it was impossible to figure out what they meant. On many occasions, when we were leaving the bus, all English speaking people had to ask the guide again what are we doing, as no one could figure out what was said. Over 10 English speakers I talked to had the same problem. Quite often we could not even decipher the names of places and attractions until we actually got to them and could read it somewhere. Additionally we had to witness the appalling behaviour of one of the guides who started screaming when four young students politely stated that they wouldn’t pay the tips as they were advised by their travel agency in writing, that it was optional. They would have never purchased the tour if it was mandatory.

3) Buses – buses were fitted with 60 seats making very little room in front of you. Many people had to touch the seat in front of them, as there was simply no room left. Additionally they had very poor air conditioning. When travelling through Nevada, with 40°C outside, our bus could only manage to get the temperature to 30°C. Imagine 60 people crowded for hours on a bus with such temperature. And we were apparently lucky as the air conditioning in another bus got broken and they had to replace the bus the next day.

4) Tour Schedule – I have taken fast pace tours before but waking up on multiple occasions at 4:15 am was just too much. We had to spend over 10 hours on a bus on multiple days. They were simply very badly designed with very limited time at each attractions and no free time whatsoever. We coudl nto enjoyed the beauty of places we have seen, like Yellowstone and others, as we were simply too tired.

5) Chaotic situations on numerous occasions – the tour start in Las Vegas was delayed for 1.5 hours with no information or apologies.

So in summary the tours were definitely NOT 4FUN and for English speakers there is a high chance that the guides will be not understandable. There was a guide that spoke perfect English but he was never on our bus, all 3 guides we had were simply bad. They could have been great in Chinese, which was another language used, but they should never guide tours in English.

So again for all English speakers AVOID tours4fun unless you are happy to spend days in a crowded bus, and for English speakers with hardly understandable guide, and you are prepared to wake up at 4:15 and spend long hours on a bus and short time at every attraction.

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
19,092 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tours4Fun

Mireya, thank you so much for taking the time to comment.

We've had another person post a trip report this week who had used this company for National Parks including Yellowstone.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60999-i481-k58268…

I included the link as when I do a search on the tour company the above review does not come up.

Pam

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
3 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tours4Fun

My wife and I did a 8 day east coast US and Canada tour with them starting the 20th October. We had and excellent guide Tony Chang who spoke in Chinese and perfect english throughout the tour. The bus was a 60 seater but we were only 23, but the seats were very comfortable considering I am 6'2" tall. We staying in good hotels - Holiday Inn, Delta in Canada, Hilton. The tour was hectic but thats the only way we could see so much. We were given the option of eating chinese buffets and a few international ones for which we had to pay in advance or the guide was good enough to tell those who didnt prepay, where to get good food. Everything took off on time and I have no complaints whatsoever. I think they work with Super Vacations and I will not hesitate to recommend this tour to anyone. It was a perfect 8 day tour for us.....

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
19,092 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Tours4Fun

I had looked up this thread to post in a reply to someone else and see that I missed a favorable report. I do note that the poster has not been very active on the TA forums having only 2 forum posts and both are positive reviews of this company.

editing to add: Apologies to the regular Yellowstone forum posters/readers, but I felt I needed to make a comment on this very old thread. It's the time of year when people are seeking tours to Yellowstone and need to do research on tour companies.

Pam

Edited: 9:13 pm, March 12, 2013
14. Re: Tours4Fun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 14, 2014