We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to visit yellowstone national park

Newark, New Jersey
2 posts
Save Topic
best way to visit yellowstone national park

I would like to have a 7 days trip to yellowstone natinal park on mid/Oct this year. Wha tis the best way that I can plan from New Jersey to the closest airport for my trip.

chan219

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to visit yellowstone national park

Hi There,

Have you visited Top Questions about Yellowstone - to your right...

tripadvisor.com/…14293887

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,356 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to visit yellowstone national park

October is the end of the season for visiting Yellowstone. Most lodging, dining and activities will be closed. You can still visit the park and see the highlights. Possibly need to have lodging outside of the park. Check this link. nps.gov/yell/…CP_JUMP_138397

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best way to visit yellowstone national park

I believe the best airport would be Jackson WY.

Here is a link for weather in Oct 2010. wunderground.com/history/…MonthlyHistory.html

Edited: 8:23 pm, August 20, 2011
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best way to visit yellowstone national park

Any chance, Sam, of changing your visit dates? Perhaps May through September?

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best way to visit yellowstone national park

what is the best entrance to the yellow stone national park . & what is the best location to stay in wyoming if i want to visit yellow stone ?

Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best way to visit yellowstone national park

sam - check with Delta - they have a non-stop flight from Newark to Bozeman on Sat. this summer, but I'm not sure it will still be available in Oct. Also, be aware that by Oct. most park facilities will be either closed or closing: nps.gov/yell/…open_closedates.htm

rubina - I suggest that you read through the Top Questions on the upper right of this page - then start a new thread with further questions.

Edited: 9:33 am, June 05, 2012
Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best way to visit yellowstone national park

Well, we lost Sam last year. :)

Rubina, in addition to heypaula's advice, you might read the questions asked by others relating to yours. But in any event, post anew. Tell us how many days you'll have for your visit, when is your visit, driving or flying, etc.

Lodging Inside and Outside YNP

For lodging INSIDE the Park - http://www.travelyellowstone.com/ Xanterra is the YNP contracted lodging resource. Other agencies might charge a nonrefundable fee and they have to contact Xanterra themselves which you can do for free.

To get reservations in the park - (1) Monitor the Xanterra website continuously, and if you can, (2) call several times a day as cancellations often occur.

If nothing available, reserve lodging outside the park but know the cancellation policies. If you do get Xanterra lodging, cancel those reservations.

For lodging OUTSIDE the Park - If you cannot get or do not want lodging inside the park, use the gateway towns of West Yellowstone and Gardiner. Cooke City and Silvergate are quite distant from major park sights, except for the Lamar Valley. Ensure that your lodging outside the park is close to the entrances; you won’t want to add many miles to your trip, you’ll have plenty of miles in the park.

See the hotel reviews on the TA Forum for each city, left hand column, “Hotels”.

8. Re: best way to visit yellowstone national park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 pm, August 02, 2012
9. Re: best way to visit yellowstone national park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 14, 2013