We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do any car rental companies have UNLIMITED mileage?

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
248 reviews
Save Topic
Do any car rental companies have UNLIMITED mileage?

We are headed to Jackson Hole in September and will need a car for a week. We will be driving to Yellowtone and the mileage allowed on the agencies I've checked seem pretty limited.

Yikes.... Any ideas????

Tennessee
Level Contributor
163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do any car rental companies have UNLIMITED mileage?

We rented from Hertz while on our trip in June, and we had unlimited mileage. Also had a AAA discount, which helped! We picked up at Jackson Hole Airport and returned to Salt Lake City airport.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
116 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do any car rental companies have UNLIMITED mileage?

We've always rented from Hertz (have a gold card and AAA) and have always for many years had unlimited mileage. This year (we are going in a couple of weeks) they now have 1350 free miles included with 17 cents each extra mile. (picking up and returning at JAC Guess that's their new policy.

Last spring we drove 1651 miles in 10 days just driving around Yellowstone and Grand Tetons. We did do alot of driving around though because it was rainy weather and we didn't feel like we stopped for long periods at animal sightings (or to do much hiking). But we usually drive over 1500 miles during a 10 day trip so this year may be a more expensive one.

Minneapolis,Mn
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Do any car rental companies have UNLIMITED mileage?

We always rent with unlimited mileage. Two years ago we put 1200 miles on in 6 days around Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.

Last year it was 1200 again from Rapid City and Yellowstone. This year Rocky Mountain National Park and on to Moab to visit Arches/Canyonlands the first week in Sept. The car was rented through Priceline 3 months ago with unlimited mileage.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,636 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do any car rental companies have UNLIMITED mileage?

we also rent with unlimited miles as well. Use Avis since they have a little office close by.

tucson,az
Level Contributor
510 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do any car rental companies have UNLIMITED mileage?

just rented from Thrifty in July with unlimited mileage. The office is off site but they have a shuttle that picks you up at the airport. It was just 1 block away from the Albertson's, so it made it very convenient to pick up supplies before heading out of town. They had the cheapest 1 week rate I could find - internet special, or something like that .

Boston
Level Contributor
382 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do any car rental companies have UNLIMITED mileage?

We haven't been yet but reserved with Alamo last fall from Jackson Hole and have unlimited miles according to our reservation.

Carol Stream...
Level Contributor
30 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do any car rental companies have UNLIMITED mileage?

Here's another vote for Hertz! We had unlimited mileage for our recent trip & got a discount for booking through our insurance company (USAA). Also, the pre-paid fuel was a good deal.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Do any car rental companies have UNLIMITED mileage?

I feel like a commercial because I've said this several times recently, but check Hotwire. I have used it for rental cars the past two years for Yellowstone and the Tetons with the rental location being Jackson Hole airport, and am using it again for my September trip. They have unlimited mileage, air condition, etc. Don't let the idea of not knowing which company it will be put you off- I've never had a problem. It's usually a pretty good savings over going direct through a rental company, too. I typically save a couple hundred dollars at least. You definitely want unlimited mileage.

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do any car rental companies have UNLIMITED mileage?

When I go to the website it does NOT say unlimited miles... in fact it say 875 which seems a bit low for what we hope to do. I do see considerable savings but is it easy to get to since the office appears to be off - site of the airport itself.....

Thanks for any additional information.

Texas
Level Contributor
136 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do any car rental companies have UNLIMITED mileage?

I've always found the best car rental deals if I book the car when I book the flight. Got a Camry from Hertz at Savannah in April for $18/day with unlimited miles when I booked my CO ticket.