We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

maps

Indiana
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
maps

Can someone please give me a website where i can order a waterproof hiking map of yellowstone & the tetons. we are making our first trip in Sept & like to plan our hikes & routes. thanks

Everett, Washington
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: maps

For free maps check out the NPS site for Yellowstone:

nps.gov/archive/…mapslist.htm

And Grand Teton:

www.nps.gov/grte/planyourvisit/maps.htm

You can back up a screen on the Yellowstone (Main Maps) and view more options for specific locations.

Printing the PDF file in color may be sufficient for planning and laminating may be cheaper than buying.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,819 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: maps

I've had really good experiences using the National Geographic topo and hiking trails maps. They have a whole series on the different Parks inc. several for Yellowstone. The maps are waterproof and don't tear. I used the one for the Grand Tetons last Fall and will be using one for Yellowstone next Fall. Here's the link: …nationalgeographic.com/gateway/399/246.html

International...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: maps

You can also try www.trailsillustrated.com if you cannot get Forestvillian's link. We've found the 300 series YNP maps very helpful for planning.

You may also want to consider one of the trip planners from the yellowstone association yellowstoneassociation.org/store/… I believe two of the planning packages include the 201 nat'l geographic map of YNP plus eight trail guides. David

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: maps

I second the National Geographic website. You can go into book stores (Borders or B&N) and check them out. They have nice lightly laminated maps that will help a great deal.

Have fun!

5. Re: maps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, October 14, 2009