We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suv rental one way

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
suv rental one way

We are starting in Mt Rushmore and ending in Las Vegas. Any imput on getting a better deal than $900 for 10 days?

Bemidji, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suv rental one way

Do you need the SUV for the space or do you plan to do any off-roading? If not, a standard car is all you will need. If you plan to go off-highway, better check the rental agreement before you do.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
31,029 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suv rental one way

Rates out of South Dakota seem to be expensive for a SUV. Last year we flew into Las Vegas and out of Salt Lake City. For 8 days our SUV was about $400. This year we are flying in and out of Denver (going to Mt. Rushmore, Cody, Yellowstone, and Jackson Hole). I found an SUV for $331 for 11 days. Check a big search engine like kayak or sidestep for one way rates. Also be aware that some rentals only let you take cars into certain states. Also some rentals require extra money for an extra driver for the car.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: suv rental one way

While in Monument National Valley, we were going to do our own tour and was told that ground clearance may be an issue.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suv rental one way

I'm confused; what has Monument Valley to do with this routing? Or are you assuming that the roads are similar to MV? They are not; expect good roads, paved, all the way. In the National Parks, any unpaved roads are pretty smooth.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: suv rental one way

I reviewed your other posts and now understand your comment re: Monument Valley. Tet, among other TA advisors, is a wonderful source of information.

If you want to see great sand dunes, some day, you'll have to visit the incredible Oregon coastline:).

AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: suv rental one way

Did you use Kayak.com or a similar site to compare? We used them when renting in Jackson and dropping in Seattle. Don't remember the cost but was similar to yours I think.

7. Re: suv rental one way

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, September 24, 2009