We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore Trip-June 2008

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
656 posts
179 reviews
Save Topic
Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore Trip-June 2008

I am looking for some guidance on planning my June 10-June 20 trip. I have already decided that flying in/out of Salt Lake makes the most sense financially and otherwise. From there, do I want to stay in W. Yellowstone or in Jackson, WY? Either way it's about a 324 mile drive. How many days do I want to stay in the Yellowstone area, 4? From there we're headed to Mt. rushmore. We have already secured hotel accomodations but were unsure if we should drive over from yellowstone or fly. Probably driving makes more sense from a budget standpoint. If hotels are full in yellowstone do you have any recommendations for other places nearby to stay. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have never been and it's difficult to plan these things sight unseen.

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,803 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore Trip-June 2008

WV Claire,

If you are looking for a reasonable accomodation in Jackson, try buckraillodge.com. The Buckrail is an extremely clean facility and consists of 12 log cabin style motel rooms. I think you would enjoy it. Rooms go for around $117 per night peak season, very reasonable for Jackson. This motel is one of the cleanest I have stayed in. If interested, call asap, as the facility is small. You would really benefit from seeing the Tetons from Jackson. It's just too far to see the Tetons from Yellowstone/ or vice/versa.

Enjoy!

12. Re: Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore Trip-June 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, September 23, 2009