We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which campsite type should i choose?

Kajang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
12 helpful votes
which campsite type should i choose?
Save

Hi All, am about to book for the campsite in Madison campground and this is my first in my life time for camping. i would like to know i have a compact car and a small tent can i choose the Madison Lg Tent and|or RV Site 20ft Total or Less ? or it only reserve for RV but not compact car?

Thank in advance.

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
12,385 posts
1 review
4 helpful votes
1. Re: which campsite type should i choose?
Save

A "Large Tent and/or RV Site 20ft Total or Less" is the same campsite. You don't choose one or the other.

Some campsites are "Tent Only" so no hard-sided recreational vehicles are allowed to use the campsite. If the campsite is a mixed use campsite like the one you are asking about a hard-sided recreational vehicle can reserve it as long as their total length is 20 feet or less. That means it has to be a pretty small recreational vehicle. Someone with just a vehicle and a tent can also reserve it. You would qualify for that.

With a small tent, you would also be able to reserve a Madison Small Tent Only Campsite, a Madison Large Only Campsite if they are available for your dates.

If the only Madison campsites available are mixed used campsites you would be ok in any of them.

When is your camping trip to Yellowstone planned?

Deb

Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
18 reviews
26 helpful votes
2. Re: which campsite type should i choose?
Save

I urge you to get a lot of practice camping before you come to Yellowstone. You can spend all your time learning to camp, or you can camp comfortably and spend your time enjoying the park. Learning to camp before you come here will make all the difference.

ENJOY!

Kajang, Malaysia
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
12 helpful votes
3. Re: which campsite type should i choose?
Save

Thanks for ur advise Deb & Bill. i will be going on 20 Jun to 22 Jun and am praying hard that everything will go smooth as planned. cheers!

4. Re: which campsite type should i choose?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 07, 2019
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.