We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seneca Falls in March

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Seneca Falls in March

my husband and I are just getting away for two nights, staying at Hotel Clarence, any suggestions what to do in the area in March and where to eat a good meal?

6 replies to this topic
Vestal, New York
Destination Expert
for Auburn, Finger Lakes
Level Contributor
10,017 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seneca Falls in March

There are several wineries in the area (along Cayuga Lake or one lake to the west - Seneca Lake). The The Women's Rights National Historical Park, the Elizabeth Cady Stanton House and the National Women's Hall of Fame are some historical attractions in town. Nearby Waterloo has antique shops and an outlet mall if you like to shop. The Montezuma Wildlife Refuge is also nearby if you are interested in seeing birds start to migrate back to the area. There are a couple of Erie Canal locks in the area as well.

Mentioned in this post
Cayuga Lake
Cayuga Lake
296 Reviews
Ithaca, NY
Women's Rights National Historical Park
Women's Rights National...
314 Reviews
Seneca Falls, NY
Waterloo
Waterloo
Region of Waterloo, Canada
Erie Canal
Erie Canal
188 Reviews
Fairport, NY
Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seneca Falls in March

thank you so much for your reply, I wondered about the wine trails and I look forward to visiting some of the rich history of the area. Looking forward to it. Thanks again!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seneca Falls in March

If you like food and wine, the highest concentration of good wineries are on the eastern shore of Seneca Lake. For interesting wines try Damiani, Lamoreaux Landing (nice view/building), Shalestone, Atwater, Red Newt, or Hector Wine Company. Whites are particularly good, with riesling having become a regional specialty.

This side of the lake also has the virtue of several good places to eat: Dano's (Austrian inspired heuriger), Suzanne (upscale, dinner only), Red Newt and Stone Cat Cafe (both local sourced, somewhat creative cafe food). Also, the little BBQ place between Rt. 414 and Red Newt is pretty good, if open at that time of year. All should serve a variety of local wines and beers. Geneva is also has couple good restaurants as well.

Mentioned in this post
Geneva
Geneva
Finger Lakes, NY
Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seneca Falls in March

thanks so much. I am a white wine drinker so sounds great. Nice selection of restaurants to choose from. Thank you so much for your help.

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seneca Falls in March

I would recommend the Women's Rights National Historical Park http://www.nps.gov/wori/index.htm and a walk along the Cayuga-Seneca Canal. Info on Seneca Falls and the canal is here: ilovethefingerlakes.com/recreation/canals-pl…

Ronda Roaring

ILovetheFingerLakes.com

Mentioned in this post
Women's Rights National Historical Park
Women's Rights National...
314 Reviews
Seneca Falls, NY
Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
27 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seneca Falls in March

oh wow thanks for the info, I am praying that the weather co-operates as we would love to explore the outdoors....thank you so much!

Reply to: Seneca Falls in March
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted